It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:52 am

All times are UTC


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:43 am
Posts: 89
Location: Germany
The forum has been very quiet recently. So I'm going to post some more progress of my project.

I let the engine run for the first time. After changing almost all sensors, the cambelt, coolant fluid, etc. I was quite happy when it started without serious trouble.
I really like the eager sound of the VHPD engine when idling :-P . The small Odyssey 680 battery does its job very well and seems to be powerful enough even when starting multiple times.

First job was to synchronize the two pairs throttle bodies. Using a Synchrometer this would have been an easy task if the balancing screw hadn't been to short to adjust the two pairs. I bought a new longer M5 screw and a suitable spring that prevents the screw from getting loose. After shortening the screw and the spring some millimetres I was able to balance throttle bodies. The engine runs much smoother now.

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:43 am
Posts: 89
Location: Germany
I re-installed the boot floor by bonding and riveting it in. I replaced the original rivet fixing of the heatshields by rivnuts so the heatshield may be remived in the future.
I have no idea how the thick upper heatshield made of thick foam could be installed on the folded boot floor. It should stay there just held by a single stripe of double sided tape.
After cutting it into two pieces along one bend I hope it will stay there just with the use of double sided tape.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:43 am
Posts: 89
Location: Germany
The seats have been re-installed after freshening them up a little. A new set of Schroth ASM harnesses were used as the old ones looked a bit tatty.
To keep the original appearance I let the local shoe maker transfer the 'Safety Devices' sew on sticker from the old belts to the new ones.
After reading some reports of Exiges on fire I decided to install a FEV gas fire extinguisher.

For the first time the cabin looked how it should be and I spent at least 10 minutes strapped down in the driver seat enjoying it :-).

Image


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:56 pm
Posts: 4538
Location: Cumbria
That does all look very lovely 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:00 am
Posts: 8452
Location: Brum
Doesn't it look great, well done Klaus. Mega.

_________________
#498


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:43 am
Posts: 89
Location: Germany
Thank you for the kind words.
One of the smaller jobs was to replace the missing connector for the stack speed sensor. Thankfully John (aka JDS here on exiges.com) could provide a new connector :thumbup:.
After connecting it to a new speed sensor the speedometer was back alive (at least the needle moved when I turned the wheel in the air).

Image


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group