Book-a-Track bought out by Ginetta

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.

Re: Book-a-Track bought out by Ginetta

Post by 661 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:06 pm

-shame about the Cats, was just starting to enjoy the hire fleet.

- hopefully see you there , Ade

-LOL at grumpy Garthwaite!!! Hopefully whatever arrangements are made we can have the pleasure of your company, and as said, Anglesey in the wet...…………….....in a 3-11
Graeme

seriouslylotus

Post by seriouslylotus » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:30 am

661 wrote:-shame about the Cats, was just starting to enjoy the hire fleet.

- hopefully see you there , Ade

-LOL at grumpy Garthwaite!!! Hopefully whatever arrangements are made we can have the pleasure of your company, and as said, Anglesey in the wet...…………….....in a 3-11
Very funny Graeme.
You think its acceptable to cancel a day at short notice and refuse a refund?
A fool and his money and all that

Don't think Im alone in my thoughts either,when did you last see Tony Pearman on the Exiges day, What happened to Ishy last year, When did we last see Ollie from Pheonix, I could go on ......
Yes we have had some great days but there have been issues that I find a tad frustrating, before anyone says im tight etc etc
It is not the money , its the principle
Ben and his predecessor spend hours and hours sorting the day and making sure its a fully booked day, I cannot remember when you could just turn up because there was still places available, unless of course you are in a BAT supplied/run Caterham
However on the same weekend, at the same circuit, its cheaper to do the non Exiges day.
We are obviously a highly valued bunch then...NOT

Re the pleasure of my company, Highly unlikely unless the weather is dry, don't mind thrashing the car but I don't want it cover in shitty wet stuff

Post by 661 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:41 pm

I agree with what you say in the main and your sentiment strikes a chord, but it doesn't stop me lighting the fire . It's Bonfire Society central here in East Sussex.
As a matter of fact, James and I had a late notice BaT cancellation at Oulton Park recently. We lost our hotel fees and BaT refused a hire refund, offering a credit note, as it was 'out of their control'.
That is in their conditions, it's shit, but it is what it says. We made enquiries and it does appear that Oulton double booked it and shafted BaT. But it does beg the question what sort of a piss poor organisation doesn't check up on dates with a bit more notice than a couple of days.
James and I were worried something was afoot, potentially BaT going under, fuelled by the foreign trip they cancelled at short notice too. We were keen to use the credit up asap.
Anyhow, used the credit at Brands last week and had a great day.
Graeme

Benja

Post by Benja » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:28 pm

seriouslylotus wrote:
camldc5319 wrote:Will this effect Exiges day at Anglesey I wonder??
We can live in hope it does!!!!
:roll:
It’s the time of year I put feelers out to prepare some options.

When it is, where it is, who runs it, what it costs, whether there is free x or y, how many spaces there are, what the weather is like, etc etc won’t suit everyone I get that. I’ll do my utmost to pull together a few options that ticks as many boxes as possible.

pete757

Post by pete757 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:27 pm

I recall many years ago that an Exiges.com TD was fully booked out... and that was ONLY with Exiges!

Happy days... I miss my first Exige S1 that I bought from Peter Smith Sports Cars.

New Aluminium, It had done 41k miles and had just had a new VHPD fitted by Lotus! Cost me £16.5k!!!

winthattt

Post by winthattt » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:20 pm

Ben,

I'm not fussy, I like it as a season opener and will attend at most locations with or without BaT.

Keith

thommo

Post by thommo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:10 am

No worries, Ben. Sure we’ll enjoy whatever you come up with.

SeanB

Post by SeanB » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:52 am

Agreed

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:19 am

I'm doing Bathurst on 5th February if anyone wants to join ? - Different circuit, different organisation .. only 650 quid ..
A tad long a journey to get there though I guess for most ...

Benja

Post by Benja » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:09 am

AndyD wrote:I'm doing Bathurst on 5th February if anyone wants to join ? - Different circuit, different organisation .. only 650 quid ..
A tad long a journey to get there though I guess for most ...
Wow you lucky sod, I’d love to go to Bathurst! I’m VERY jealous. Make sure you post some pics/vids.