S1 REGISTRAR'S SURVEY READY

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
swilding

Re: S1 REGISTRAR'S SURVEY READY

Post by swilding » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:54 pm

I think the database is a great idea but not of much use if we all can't view the info.

Can we not just have the info in a simple list with chassis no, forum username, color/spec, or comment such as sold to the continent etc? This would be much simpler to maintain. That way we could very easily see what info we are missing & update it when cars are sold or people join the site etc. And then it would be useful.

What do we all think?

swilding

Post by swilding » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:48 pm

guess that's a disagree then?

swilding

Post by swilding » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Who's got the data? Can I have whats available in excel / text format and I'll sort something out.

The83man

Post by The83man » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Yes,

I've got the data in an on-line survey file. To be honest it's not brilliant and I think that to take this foward I need to get in touch with all those that have completed the survey (if they left anemail address) and ask for confirmed data.

There is some useaful data there but it could not be used to, for example, check a car's history with any degree of confidence.

I took this on during a long illness and haven't really followed it through properly but this is a good prompt for me to get it up to speed.

Regretably, even now, only 90 people have completed the survey and of those, only 72 left a chassis number - people seem to be reluctant to see the benfits of having such data available for future reference (see Cars for Sale at the moment!)

Anyway, if we're up for it let's get on with it.

Feedback would be appreciated.
Mike Stripe

thommo

Post by thommo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:29 pm

I would certainly like to see the good work continue and heartfelt thanks if you're willing. Come on, chaps, let's be 'avin' you!

Mr Pesky

Post by Mr Pesky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:37 am

[quote=thommo]I would certainly like to see the good work continue and heartfelt thanks if you're willing. Come on, chaps, let's be 'avin' you![/quote]

Seconded - well said Thommo.

Steve

Post by Steve » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:21 am

Without wishing to complicate matters I beleive there are two seperate excercises here, both of which would be extremely useful albeit on different levels. Mike's data base is without doubt a great idea and if it can be "completed" would be an excellent source of detailed historical information for us all. However it is likely (IMO) this will be limited to perhaps 25%-30% of cars originaly produced.
Whilst in itself this makes the data base more than worthy of all the time Mike has/would have to put in, I think Swilding's suggestion of a simple spreadsheet numbered c001 -601 or whatever where people could enter basic data including whatever facts are known from previous and or present owners or simply anyone aware of any details (its brain download time UncleP :grin:) at any given time - owner,colour, country location,status (road, race, written off etc) etc would be a great idea. It would be of little use for Mike's intended purposes but may shed more light on the overall general picture for anyone with an interest.

swilding

Post by swilding » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:16 pm

What about starting with something simple like the below? No sensitive information that people shouldn't want to share and should be low effort to maintain. We could have a new sticky and simply update the first post with any new information. What do you think?

[size:8pt][font:Courier New]
  • Chassis#, Colour, Spec, Owner, Location, Mods / Other
  • 601, Red, 190, swilding, UK, Standard that will be worth a fortune soon
[/font][/size]
Apologies the formatting is pants as I can't get it to keep my spaces!

pmyhill

Post by pmyhill » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:35 am

sounds good to me - it would be nice to see what numbers are still around :) (filled in survey ages ago ;) )

X1EXG

Post by X1EXG » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Number 399 now added to the survey.