It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:16 pm 

Quote:
The problem is replacing the up stop for the accelerator pedal which is right up in the footwell and an absolute bar steward to get at. Eventually I concluded that it is almost physically impossible with the recommended 15mm M8 bolt and went for a beer instead - it really needs a bolt a fair bit shorter.

Yes, we found that when we did mine. We did get the 15mm bolt in, but it would have been much easier if it had only been 10mm.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:34 am 

Quote:
Yes, we found that when we did mine. We did get the 15mm bolt in, but it would have been much easier if it had only been 10mm.

Finished the job last night, with more swearing along the way . Managed to get a shorter bolt through the up stop bracket, but found that the recomended 7mm washer/nut stack was just too high - even with the cable adjustment backed right off the throttle was pulled open when it should have been idling (my neighbours will confirm this having been deafened several times by my Larini at 10pm ). Eventually I did the up stop a slightly different way with the bolt going the opposite way through the bracket with a nut either side which enabled fine adjustment of the height.
Well worth all the hassle though -what a difference to drive! The throttle pedal is now almost an inch lower than before and the set up is perfect for h n t even without adjusting the brake pedal. Having very long legs it also makes my right leg less bent when cruising so far more comfortable, and with lots of luverly blips on down changes now possible the car feels so much better to dive. A result

Mark

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:48 am 

What did I tell ya.
Looking forward to seeing the H'n'T @ Croft

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:09 pm 

just done mine tonight as well,I agree replacing the bolt on the throttle stop with a shorter version is a lot easier,it is still a PIG to get back in,you need a good torch and a flexible body (friend)to do.but well worth the effort and back ache.
good post.