Exiges wanted

Buy and sell your car here
jonnyboy

Exiges wanted

Post by jonnyboy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi folks I'm on the lookout for Exiges of all types but mainly I am trying to fix a couple of customers up with Exige S and Exige S1 (mainly S2)

I do pay strong money for Exiges but no 55k S1s please :)

Drop me a line if you are thinking of selling.

Hifidelity

Re: Exiges wanted

Post by Hifidelity » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Not sure why you’ve put the last comment about S1 prices? Isn’t it in your interest to be positive about values, irrespective if they are at that level or not? Makes your other comment about paying strong money a contradiction in terms. Maybe you’ve spent too much time on Seloc? At the end of the day they are worth what they are worth but this constant need to hammer prices is beyond me, especially for a brand we all have a vested interest in. Makes no difference to me because I’m not selling but come on a little bit of positivity never did anyone any harm!

dris

Post by dris » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:31 am

jonnyboy wrote:
I do pay strong money for Exiges but no 55k S1s please :)
Naaah, need to give me more than that to part with mine.

Hifidelity

Post by Hifidelity » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Exactly!

jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:00 pm

It's just about being sensible though. If you can stick your S1 on the market for 55k and get it well done I would be genuinely chuffed for you but that's not my assessment of where the market is at the moment as can be seen from how many S1 Exiges have been for sale for 6 months and more. We have sold 4 S2 Exiges already this year as the pricing is more realistic. If you ask around all the dealers for a genuine buy in price mine will be the highest offer so it's certainly not about "dissing" the S1. Let's see some actual sales!

Hifidelity

Post by Hifidelity » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:21 pm

You weren’t being realistic, you were being negative about a car that was for sale elsewhere. Let’s be honest you’re generalising about what cars have been for sale. As someone has already mentioned in another thread one of them is halfway round the world and has mileage. The other one might not be up to it condition wise, who knows I haven’t seen it. Most of the sales have been done before cars have even hit the market, just probably like the other one being talked about for £45k. This car has 19k miles and I think as others it will sell pretty quickly. So if that’s worth 45k why isn’t one that has done say sub 13k miles not worth £50k plus? Let’s be honest you haven’t had much experience of selling S1 Exiges because they’re hasn’t been that many for sale.

I come back to the reason why I posted and that’s because I was disappointed that you were being negative about someone else’s sale price. Shall we start picking your prices to pieces? No because it’s wrong and doesn’t stand you in good light as a dealer, no matter how good your reputation is. So as you can see, yes I do think the £50k Exige is being realistic.

hoobahole

Post by hoobahole » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Please don’t turn this place into Seloc

gonein60seconds

Post by gonein60seconds » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:24 pm

hoobahole wrote:Please don’t turn this place into Seloc
This.

Have you read the 340R pricing thread on SELOC..to much stress for me!
** Looking for ** S1 Lotus Exige, Cobalt blue, No.437 / Y104 JTM

Rob999

Post by Rob999 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Too many pompous ego’s on Seloc...

Hifidelity

Post by Hifidelity » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:37 pm

hoobahole wrote:Please don’t turn this place into Seloc
The negativity that surrounds ‘our’ brand on all these forums bemuses me beyond belief. Apologies if I’m boring anyone and I’ll end it there.