It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:05 pm 

thommo wrote:
Love the first post . . and the pics.
Sounds like the Lotus has hit home. Keep up the reports.

Whoah. Thats a random copy and paste from the imghost I used!

:shock: :o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:32 am 

I appear to have accidentally bought a pro alloy chargercooler.

I need to be more careful in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:45 am 

:clap: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:57 pm 

andybond wrote:
I appear to have accidentally bought a pro alloy chargercooler.

I need to be more careful in the future.

I used to have similar incidents, enjoy :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:05 pm 

So, I took the car out on track a while back an I swore it didnt have 255 claimed ponies.

Well the results are in and my arse dyno is pretty accurate

Attachment:
FLY.jpg
FLY.jpg [ 261.71 KiB | Viewed 368 times ]

Pretty dissapointing really considering the N/A ones makes 190bhp!

Thats not all the news though. The "map" which I am sure is not modified is not suitable for the car at all. Its RICH low down and LEAN as fook top end.

Attachment:
WHP AFR.jpg
WHP AFR.jpg [ 306.16 KiB | Viewed 368 times ]

Scary Mary lean , not just a bit of air sucking through your front teeth scary. We are talking oooooooooffffff lean.

We, and by we I meant Paul needed to work out quite whats going on. It looks a open and shut case if the injectors are maxed out as show below

Attachment:
WHF INJ.jpg
WHF INJ.jpg [ 305.2 KiB | Viewed 368 times ]

Now, I have a few choices and those are going to get limited based on the following :

I have a charge cooler to be fitted , just awaiting a part to find
I have a smaller supercharger pulley and belt to fit

This leaves me with two choices really , well 4 but the third is a no no
1) Get Lotus ECU flashed with a 280 map from Lotus and assosiated injectors. Thats around a grand. Its not custom either. Its a generic lotus 280s flash. Hope and pray style.
2) Bang a aftermarket programmable ECU on ( a SCS seeing as though you asked and I havent made my mind up ) with some either C20LET injectors, or better still some Astra VXR ones!
3) Wait to see if EFI Technology based in Italy allow access to reprogram the ecu.
4) Do nothing.

In order of least likely to likely route ...
Option 4 is a no no.
Option 3 is preferable as there is no financial investment beyond the chargecooler , and supercharger extras other than the injectors. However , how long could it be?
Option 1 means I could be in the same boat again. I know for a fact that the 280s didnt have a tubular mani or a TRD airbox like mine.
Option 2 means I am almost financially bankrupt and will get a severe almost long tube manifold grade bollocking off the wife, but its a safer , easier to upgrade engine and components.

Now , anyone got a sofa I can sleep on . I think I am about to be murdered by the wife.

I guess that explains why I could pull away from standard 172s but the megs would leave me on the straights!

TBC.

or

TBD ( to be divorced )

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:11 am 

Who fitted the Katana? To me it looks like it was never remapped to suit the increased airflow, especially at higher revs, hence the lean fuelling.

I'm sure when Sinclairs were fitting them it included a remap, but it's a while a go so might be incorrect.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:21 am 

I'm not sure but for me the AFR looks like being slightly on the rich side between 12.5 and 14 all the way across the rev range.
Difficult to tell as both curves are given in red but maybe you have taken the power curve for the AFR curve?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:14 am 

tlracer wrote:
Who fitted the Katana? To me it looks like it was never remapped to suit the increased airflow, especially at higher revs, hence the lean fuelling.

I'm sure when Sinclairs were fitting them it included a remap, but it's a while a go so might be incorrect.

Sinclairs fitted.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:15 am 

trackrod wrote:
I'm not sure but for me the AFR looks like being slightly on the rich side between 12.5 and 14 all the way across the rev range.
Difficult to tell as both curves are given in red but maybe you have taken the power curve for the AFR curve?

Rich is low number
Lean is a high number.

Anything above 12.1 is a bit worrying.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:05 pm 

Trackrod is correct; I took your lean/rich from your comments, but surely the afr line on the graph is the vaguely horizontal one and the climbing one is power?

In that case it is slightly rich across the run, taking stoichiometric as 14.7:1.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next