Back at it again.

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
evo_ufo

Back at it again.

Post by evo_ufo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:24 am

So I've been getting pretty excited over the last few days and its not because Santa was coming. Car has been off the road since August and I've finally decided exactly what I'd like doing, and work has begun.

Rear Bulkhead Removed

New Roll Hoop/Cage in place

Dry Sump Tank

Fitting the dry sump tank in the engine bay is going to be an interesting exercise. Its one of the reasons that we have removed the rear bulkhead so that we can get some additional space on the shelf above the tank.

I'll post more pictures as work progresses.
Last edited by evo_ufo on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonnyfox

Re: What have I done. :)

Post by jonnyfox » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:27 am

Looking err good mate. So I guess the bulkhead goes back in or is a new windowless bulk head going back in? Interested you went down the cage route, how much does it weigh and where is it from. Are you changing your drivers seat as well?
Hope it's ready for Andlesey.

Best of better luck next year Will.

evo_ufo

Post by evo_ufo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:09 pm

A new windowless ally bulkhead will go in, as the idea is to reclaim space in the engine bay for the dry sump tank.

Gone done the cage route as it seemed like the ideal opportunity when the clam off and the bulkhead was out. Certainly wouldn't want to have had the new bulkhead fabricated and then changed again in the future.

The cage is a Custom Cages cage from Hofmanns. Only the rear cage, as I'm wary of driving car on the road with front cage as well.

Not sure exactly what it weighs, but from lifting old and new it certainly hasn't added any weight. Sticking with the Reverie seats for now.

marcp

Post by marcp » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Rear Bulkhead Removed

How did you get the crutch harness mounts in the rear seat mount ? you don't have a picture from the rear do you :blush:

evo_ufo

Post by evo_ufo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:24 pm

[quote=marcp]
How did you get the crutch harness mounts in the rear seat mount ? you don't have a picture from the rear do you :blush: [/quote]

Sorry no pictures from the rear. The harness mounts are drilled all the way through with spreader plates on the underside of the car. There are inserts in the beam, so that it doesn't crush when they were tightened up.

I stopped using them for the crutch straps a while ago and went back to a 5 point belt with a bar attached to the underside of the seat.

Going to go back to using a 6 point again next year and have got some of these to fit:
Sector 111 Sys6pack.

ade

Post by ade » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:32 pm

did you ever work out where all the oil went?

evo_ufo

Post by evo_ufo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:00 pm

[quote=ade]did you ever work out where all the oil went? [/quote]

Unfortunately not.

jonnyfox

Post by jonnyfox » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:40 pm

[quote=evo_ufo][quote=ade]did you ever work out where all the oil went? [/quote]

Unfortunately not. [/quote

Pikey's :grin:

ade

Post by ade » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:02 am

[quote=evo_ufo][quote=ade]did you ever work out where all the oil went? [/quote]

Unfortunately not. [/quote]

so weird :(

SeanB

Post by SeanB » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Cool man. Fair play dude :)