It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: My S2 190 n/a thread.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:37 am 

As posted in the introductions section, I picked up my S2 yesterday.
I thought I'd start a thread so that I can ask silly questions and hopefully get some advice etc. ;)
Here's a picture I took at the dealers, the only one I've taken so far but I'm sure that will change!

I'll have a bit of a better look over the car in the next few days but some minor things I want to sort are,

My car has the 'Sport' pact apparently, so come with harness bar and Schroth harnesses. It currently has the drivers harness fitted and seat belt removed and just the regular seat belt on the passenger side. I think it 'looks' better with the harnesses but obviously is slightly more convenient to have the option of a seat belt.
First question, can I have both fitted at the same time each side? (Car came with both the passenger harness and removed seat belt)

Next, it was a bit damp and foggy on the way home and I noticed the windscreen wiper is a bit naff, can't remember from my S1 days if this is just normal but I'll probably get a new wiper anyway so it there an upgrade? Aero blade style etc. or simply a new one from somewhere like Eliseparts?

I've also noticed the headlining is a bit saggy, this will probably bug me, I've replaced a few headlinings on old Saab Turbos so I'm guessing it's gust a case of unbolting the roof and either re-gluing the headlining or sourcing some new material and gluing that on? I was also considering getting a 'long scoop' roof instead.

Two other cosmetic jobs I'd like to sort are tidying up the engine bay, removing rusty looking bolts etc. Are there stainless steel fixings available? And the decals have been removed, already ordered new 'Queens award' and rear 'Exige', not sure I'll even re-fit them yet :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:57 am 

Hi
It is possible to have installed both harnesses and seat belts at the same time, someone does a kit to do this, but it is all about getting the correct washer and spacers and spring washers in the right place, I never bother and just went to harnesses.
Your right you do just need a new wiper blade, there are plenty of good options out there, I have a new one I never fitted to my old car I could do a deal with you on.
I removed the Queens Award sticker as soon as I got mine, thought it looked tacky. But definitely put back the rear sticker or people will think it has been repaired if you come to sell it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:06 am 

Car looks great in silver, welcome to exiges.com!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:35 am 

ade wrote:
Hi
It is possible to have installed both harnesses and seat belts at the same time, someone does a kit to do this, but it is all about getting the correct washer and spacers and spring washers in the right place, I never bother and just went to harnesses.
Your right you do just need a new wiper blade, there are plenty of good options out there, I have a new one I never fitted to my old car I could do a deal with you on.
I removed the Queens Award sticker as soon as I got mine, thought it looked tacky. But definitely put back the rear sticker or people will think it has been repaired if you come to sell it.

Cheers Ade, where in Essex are you?
It's still got the original Bell & Colville plates front and rear so I'm pretty sure someone just removed the stickers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:37 am 

TarmacTerrorist wrote:
Car looks great in silver, welcome to exiges.com!

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:51 am 

I've ordered an 'Aero' style blade from eBay, £5.07 posted :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:06 am 

Paleo_pete wrote:
ade wrote:
Hi

Cheers Ade, where in Essex are you?
It's still got the original Bell & Colville plates front and rear so I'm pretty sure someone just removed the stickers.

Rochford

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:25 pm 

PM your address, I may have the spacers etc knocking around you need to fit both Pete.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:34 pm 

This is the kit you need, though it looks like Jonny the Fox has saved the day.

http://www.msar.co.uk/motorsports/Harne ... e-_83.html

I would recommend having both belts and harnesses. You need harnesses on the track and belts are safer on the road as you can lean forward at junctions and check much more easily. It is for this reason that harnesses are illegal in some countries in mainland Europe.

Best upgrade to a NA S2 is a Lotus supercharger - don't let JonnyF tell you otherwise, not much faster but a lazier drive.

EliseParts sell a pack of handy stainless nuts and bolts for the S1. I got one and top up as I need more. I am sure you know, don't use stainless on high load fixings as they have different material properties.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:39 pm 

Looks like you are sorted with a wiper but if changing again would recomens going for one with an integral wash wipe spray bar.

Valeo VM15 with spray bar.