Solution for Toyota Gearbox Problems

Even supercars have their flaws..
DaveP

Re: Solution for Toyota Gearbox Problems

Post by DaveP » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:10 pm

I heard a [s]viscous[/s] vicious (damn those Pesky kids) rumour that you'd gone and fitted a big gay supercharger Will ?

Obviously I didn't believe the crazy rumour spreader, in fact, I said "What, Will..? A Supercharger? - don't be silly, he's one of the manliest people I've met !".

Please confirm to re-affirm my judgement in you was correct and stop this wild rumour nonsense !!

Mr Pesky

Post by Mr Pesky » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:22 pm

[quote=DaveP]
I heard a viscous rumour that you'd gone and fitted a big gay supercharger Will ?

[/quote]

5w-40w per chance?

Benja

Post by Benja » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 pm

lol

ade

Post by ade » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:36 am

[quote=evo_ufo]Its nearly there now. I'll do a proper post with the details when I've got it back. We've had a few problems with the supply of parts and there were some unexpected issues along the way but we're on the home stretch now. Its certainly a very quick car now. Looking forward to Spa and seeing how it goes when its got a chance to really stretch its legs.

[/quote]

All sounds good, be good to see you at Spa, you joining us all at Dover for the tunnel and drive over?

evo_ufo

Post by evo_ufo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:06 am

PMSL. One of the best days I've had in the Exige was that wet day in at Donnington when I feel I converted JonnyFox to the NA cause. He'd been talking about getting a SC until he pax'd down through the craners. Didn't say much at the time and his face was quite a picture :)

But things move on and it was time to spice things up a bit and, bend, cough, oops how did that happen, it appear that someone has fitted one of those big gay superchargers in the back of my motor. :blush:

Seriously though, its a little bit quicker now :eek:

DaveP

Post by DaveP » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:55 am

Congrats mate, enjoy Spa !

Something tells me I might regret that post if I someday put a supercharger in mine ;)

jonnyfox

Post by jonnyfox » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:48 pm

[quote=evo_ufo]Its nearly there now. I'll do a proper post with the details when I've got it back. We've had a few problems with the supply of parts and there were some unexpected issues along the way but we're on the home stretch now. Its certainly a very quick car now. Looking forward to Spa and seeing how it goes when its got a chance to really stretch its legs.

[/quote]

YES great news mate :cool:

jfk

Post by jfk » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:04 pm

What power are you running now Will ?

evo_ufo

Post by evo_ufo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Don't have a dyno for it, but its about 8 or 9 elephants to 100. 1 elephant, 2 elephant, .... :)

Something more scientific soon

ade

Post by ade » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Be good to see the dyno results, be interesting to do a power run against mine one day to see the potential differences?