It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:31 pm 

.... Lol I'm loving it now! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:52 pm 

im a regular mloc'er, more than here as i was an elise owner pre the exige, and dont really know whats going on.
who is this guy whats his history
and why is he trying to make an argument about something that no one seems overly interested in??
a very strange individual it seems

richbk

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:13 pm 

Someone may correct me, but i belive that Mr Earland may be defending some sort of family honour, as he is somehow related to Spen King. Hence the double entendre "King K Series" name he uses.

Plus he's an artist of at least two meanings which in part accounts for the emotional outbursts.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:12 pm 

It all makes sense now Jonny .. I used to work at Longbridge too ... A lot of the workforce were kind of "special" King K seems to be amongst their finest !
;)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:20 pm 

i bet he's a "right" laugh on a night out...you all know the sort..and if you dont, you are that person....

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:54 pm 

A bit more background.

Mr Erland is a very talented sculptor, & is the nephew of the late Spen King who was instrumental in the original design/development of the "K Series" engine. He has spent much of his time during the past 7 or 8 years "refining" all things directly related to the K Series engine, which he promotes with zeal. Unfortunately, at the same time he has vociferously criticised other K Series tuners, & indeed other engines, notably the oem K20A Honda engine. Various ensuing internet forum debates have ended up as vitriolic personal slanging matches, resulting in Simon (& others) being "persona non grata" on those forums.

In many ways it is a real shame that he can no longer post on exiges.com - his technical approach to the development of the K Series engine was/is worthy of consideration.

Spen King http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Spencer_King

Simon Erland http://www.artnet.com/artists/simon-erl ... aphy-links

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:22 pm 

Oh dear : the Dolly sprint was famous with its floppy head too ..didn't he learn from that ?;)
Please tell me he didn't also build that fire pump coventry climax thingy they put in the Hillman Imp (my first ever car) ..the head was on and off that thing every other week ..

Last edited by jfk on Wed May 09, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Imp

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:58 pm 

I always thought the issue with BL engines was alloy materials and a lack of year round anti freeze. Dont know about the Roots imp though???

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:33 am 

Ah the joys of the Dolly Sprint and chiseling the head off as it had seized onto the head studs!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:39 am 

[quote=jfk]Oh dear : the Dolly sprint was famous with its floppy head too ..didn't he learn from that ?;)
Please tell me he didn't also build that fire pump coventry climax thingy they put in the Hillman Imp (my first ever car) ..the head was on and off that thing every other week ..
[/quote]

No but I beleive he did sign off the STAG ..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next