6970K wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:38 pm
Buying 3 x Exige S1 over 15 years
Ditto. :lolno: :crazy: :lol: :P :roll:
Adventure not Dementia

Rob999

Re: Best Exige Moment

Post by Rob999 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:40 pm

I’m hopeful the best moment is yet to come.

I will make an exiges meet 👍😄

ade

Post by ade » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:17 am

Donnington, torrential rain, windows, need I say more :o

Benja

Post by Benja » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Too many great times over 15years to isolate a single moment. A few notable ones :

- Many visits to the Edward's magic garage; for the original Honda transplant, the SC install and then most recently the refurb. Each time has been excitement greater than picking a new car from a dealer. Massively grateful to Martin and Steve for their work.

- The time we thought it was a good idea to all meet up at JSR in Dudley and travel in convoy to Anglesey - properly unhinged :crazy:

- Leaving my window open at Donny in a biblical downpour.

- Con's red calipers

- Having the car being part of my kids childhood, esp my middle boy James who is totally mad about it.

- Most of all the great people I've met through owning the car.

The worst moment was when the car broke on the way to Spa. As I was arguing with the AA about recovering it I could have put a match to it as it sat forlornly in the paddock.

Also, and as others have said, losing both Con and Mike, I have very fond memories of both of those guys.

series_one

Post by series_one » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:54 pm

What a great thread -

Best:

- Driving weekend with Wes /Rallysport and Miss Double D in Romania. Racetrack in the sky - TransAlpina. Best drive time of my life bar none.

- Meetings in England and Budpest with Rob /Pesky, Every exiges.com trackday, Ben, Steve, Tim, Clive, staying with Chris / Randy at his home and buying the 340R
Such nice nice people I have met through exiges. A total cut above any other car and motorsport group. :thumbup: 8-)

Weirdest was definitely the first night I bought my S1 exige:

The Edwards very kindly let me overnight at their place and Rob came up too, we had dinner and after I had the keys and was dying just to sit in it and enjoy the "I cannot believe I own THIS !" feeling but instead we all sat in the living room and watched a bird watching tv show. I thought this was some weird English joke and any minute someone was going to burst out laughing and shout Go sit in your new car!!! but, alas it never happened :lol: :lol:

thommo

Post by thommo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:22 am

Great to hear from you, Pierre. Lovely stories. What is it about Exiges that brings out the best in people?