It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 6:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:05 am 

Hi Roy,

any updates on your issue?

You asked me before if the fan starts when disconnecting the brown sensor and I said no. But while chasing my driavbility issue I disconnected the brown sensor while the engine was running and the radiator fan kicked in immediately. So there is a fail safe mode but the engine needs to be running

If you not sure if your radiator fan is operational you may switch the fuel pump on in the Esprit V8 software to see if the communication to the car is established.

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:30 pm 

Finally some news.

I have sent the ECU to Bluestreak in Nottingham. They have said it is knackered but, they will try and repair so, now it is in fact repaired. They tell me a couple of chip were down due to wear. Really!? ok.

So, can I be sure this is true? The truth will be when I turn the key and it starts and then try and link to the PC.

Apparently, they are the only ones in the world who want to repair them.

£315 for the repair and postage. God, I hope it works.

What do you think Klaus?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:01 pm 

Great info. Thanks for posting :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:31 pm 

To be honest I just hope that this fixes your issue. 'Wear' on electronic components sounds strange but some parts like capacitors do age with time and excessive exposure to heat.

If it still does not start can you check if the needle of rev counter moves to about 200 rpm while cranking fast (preferable with the spark plugs removed)?
Keep us updated.

Last edited by trackrod on Sun May 13, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:51 am 

I sent the ECU to be checked £30 cost. They said it was dead but could repair. Was in great visual condition, no heat burns.

So, I said do it. Next day. Finished.

I did enquire further about the repair and was told it was a couple of chips. Wear but won't happen again. I asked for a report to say what they had done.

It is a black art. Remember, I couldn't communicate with the unit so, will fit and try a start with no plugs for rpm but have a spark plug attached to see for that spark.

If it is the fix great. If not, waste of £315 which I was just thinking get the Emerald connected which maybe I should of done to maybe see the flywheel being sensed by the computer.

It would be a shame if I have been misled because, the learning process is tainted.

Back home Next week or two.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:02 am 

It is possible for i/c's to fail over time. Typically items like amplifiers can stop working or become unstable; memory eeproms can get corrupted; analogue/digital converters can fail, etc. as well as passives like capacitors too.

Knowing what to look for, and where, is the key to diagnosis and needs the right tools to test.

Hope the repair works!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:33 am 

tlracer wrote:
It is possible for i/c's to fail over time. Typically items like amplifiers can stop working or become unstable; memory eeproms can get corrupted; analogue/digital converters can fail, etc. as well as passives like capacitors too.

Knowing what to look for, and where, is the key to diagnosis and needs the right tools to test.

Hope the repair works!

Thank you very much. Great to have this info. I actually did electronics but remember very little and was only a small unit. Black art stuff now for me.

As soon as I get home, will try the car.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:46 pm 

Here's hoping it's a success :clap:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:48 pm 

ECU back in France fitted to the car.

Battery fully charged (not new!)

Cranking, nothing. No spark nor any rpm reading showing on the STACK.

So, was the ECU indeed faulty!?

The faults they listened were as follows:

Main Relay : pass
Fuel pump relay: pass
Stepper motor reset: pass
Stepper motor idle control: pass
Lambda adjustment: Fail
Fuel cut-off: Fail
Throttle enrichment: Fail
Rev limit: Fail
Coil saturation: Fail
Ignition dwell, peak & firing angle: Fail
Advance curve with response to load: Fail
Battery voltage correction: Fail
Self diagnostics: Fail.

I changed both the probe and coil pack and battery. Nothing, no change.

Can someone confirm, to reset the ecu, door open rhd, ignition on, accelerate 4 times? Was working a few months ago but, not resetting now- no fuel pump sound.... Update: pressed the alarm on and off, the ignition on again. Yes, the above works.

Second point. I am now cranking and I hear the fuel pump priming again- whilst cranking. Is this correct. Would make sense but, couldn't remember that?

So,,,, I guess wire up the Emerald.

Will try and upload their report (Blue Streak) ECU repair shop in Notts.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:11 pm 

Very sorry to hear that.

No revs shown while cranking (if long and fast enough) is still strange. This may still indicate a problem in the cranking sensor circuit (wrong flywheel pattern, wiring, etc.).

I can't remember if the fuel pump primes while cranking on my car. This could be caused by a voltage drop while starting to crank.
I will check it the next time.

Keep trying and keep us updated. I'm sure you will finally get the car running.

Klaus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next