The truth about upgrades...

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
jonnyfox
Reactions:

Well you'd get a fair chunk back when it comes to resell them I guess but I've found the jump from Bilstein to 36mm then onto 46mm night and day each time. I'm no expert but bloody hell 46mm Ohlins are just awesome.
R300
pete757
Reactions:

[quote=jonnyfox]Well you'd get a fair chunk back when it comes to resell them I guess but I've found the jump from Bilstein to 36mm then onto 46mm night and day each time. I'm no expert but bloody hell 46mm Ohlins are just awesome. [/quote]

... and of course the same jump in Nitrons are just as awesome too... :)
ade
Reactions:

driver training
suspension
driver training
brakes
more power
driver training
less weight
driver training
more aero

Sadly the driver training part seems to have lost me now, I can't or won't drive any faster round corners!!!!!
ade
Reactions:

should really have added, my car is now way better than I ever will be and is very stable all of the time, this does make it very safe on track. I do feel all the upgrades I have done have been worth it, and just to be Pesky for a minute! If you don't improve you, you will not really get the best value out of your upgrades.
SeanB
Reactions:

I feel that the standard car is merely there as guidelines and should be upgraded as much as is mechanically possible!! haha

In Fairness, my bog standard S2 was a great package, with only the brake pads letting it down on track. I am a PF man, so once they were fitted all was well. The ohlins added to it and made a good car a great one, but for road use only with the occasional track day, standard stuff is pretty good.
jonnyfox
Reactions:

R300
SeanB
Reactions:

Yeah, a revalved set of 36's are not a bad place to be.
Quo
Reactions:

Hmmmm, upgrades, im not sure where to start on that one, more the better in my book.. Well as long as its not neon lights in the engine bay.
Porkie
Reactions:

[quote=jfk].... anyhow, the most noticeable change on my car was switching intercoolers dramatic change that was ... [/quote]

How? in what way?

I just dont think this is true at all.... and whatever small gains you did get. They wouldn't be dramatic.

As SeanB's tests showed.

I think this is a classic example of what the OP is actually trying to get at!
jfk
Reactions:

With standard ic there Is a noticeable lag between gear changes.
With the forge it disappears.
This phenomenon is explained very well on one of the American forums.

I'm not asking for anyone's agreement just sharing what I've found to 'work '
And I wouldn't describe the difference as subtle either !

...you pays your money etc...
Regards
Burstner/Ducato Motorhome