PistonHeads on Exiges.com

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
JDS

Lol. Think of how much fuel you would have used if you had taken your Exige, and saved by going in your Merc.

Doh!! 8-)
pete757

IDG wrote:
pete757 wrote:Excellent!

Shame about the bloody weather!... but I do recall driving in warm Spring sunshine one year, to snow on the way to Anglesey the next!

But the constant through all those years is the 'Exigeerness'... as Pesky often described it! A love of the cars, passion, companionship, banter, beers, ... curry!

Great stuff guys! Look froward to catching up!

Cheers,

Pete :>)
The day before was dry and very pleasant and as I approached Bets I had a clear road ahead of me, for the first time ever. Usually there's something to slow down the fun twists that run down to it...although on one occasion directly in front of me there was a brightly coloured (albeit pre-green) S1 giving the tarmac a real going over (one of those sections where fun and legal combine).

You were with me in spirit Pete! :D
Cheers Ian!

I know that bit of 'twisty' road down into Betws very well mate! I had my Alfa-Sud for a while whist flying out of RAF Valley... great car visited that tarmac many times!

Good on you for having a 'clear run' :clap: 8-) Outstanding! Envious!

I reckon even now, you could have a great week of 'clear road driving', in and around North Wales! Especially early morning! One of my plans for the Evora on my return in just 2 weeks! :D
IDG

JDS wrote:Lol. Think of how much fuel you would have used if you had taken your Exige, and saved by going in your Merc.

Doh!! 8-)
I just use the AA for my fuel saving. :(
Rob999

Well done Ben and to all you chaps for that PH article.
Oh and Pete, my old man has a Sud still, 1983 1.5ti green cloverleaf. You don’t see many out there!

IDG wrote:
JDS wrote:Lol. Think of how much fuel you would have used if you had taken your Exige, and saved by going in your Merc.

Doh!! 8-)
I just use the AA for my fuel saving. :(
:lol:
Graeme
Benja

Doh!! 8-)
On the take-it-easy return leg the Merc did 26mpg which I thought was pretty reasonable for an ocean liner :thumbup:
jfk

26 mpg ??
U need shooting Ben !
Eddie The Eagle :-)
Burstner/Ducato Motorhome