6970K wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:38 pm
Buying 3 x Exige S1 over 15 years
Ditto. :lolno: :crazy: :lol: :P :roll:
Adventure not Dementia

Rob999

Re: Best Exige Moment

Post by Rob999 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:40 pm

I’m hopeful the best moment is yet to come.

I will make an exiges meet 👍😄

ade

Post by ade » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:17 am

Donnington, torrential rain, windows, need I say more :o

Benja

Post by Benja » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Too many great times over 15years to isolate a single moment. A few notable ones :

- Many visits to the Edward's magic garage; for the original Honda transplant, the SC install and then most recently the refurb. Each time has been excitement greater than picking a new car from a dealer. Massively grateful to Martin and Steve for their work.

- The time we thought it was a good idea to all meet up at JSR in Dudley and travel in convoy to Anglesey - properly unhinged :crazy:

- Leaving my window open at Donny in a biblical downpour.

- Con's red calipers

- Having the car being part of my kids childhood, esp my middle boy James who is totally mad about it.

- Most of all the great people I've met through owning the car.

The worst moment was when the car broke on the way to Spa. As I was arguing with the AA about recovering it I could have put a match to it as it sat forlornly in the paddock.

Also, and as others have said, losing both Con and Mike, I have very fond memories of both of those guys.

series_one

Post by series_one » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:54 pm

What a great thread -

Best:

- Driving weekend with Wes /Rallysport and Miss Double D in Romania. Racetrack in the sky - TransAlpina. Best drive time of my life bar none.

- Meetings in England and Budpest with Rob /Pesky, Every exiges.com trackday, Ben, Steve, Tim, Clive, staying with Chris / Randy at his home and buying the 340R
Such nice nice people I have met through exiges. A total cut above any other car and motorsport group. :thumbup: 8-)

Weirdest was definitely the first night I bought my S1 exige:

The Edwards very kindly let me overnight at their place and Rob came up too, we had dinner and after I had the keys and was dying just to sit in it and enjoy the "I cannot believe I own THIS !" feeling but instead we all sat in the living room and watched a bird watching tv show. I thought this was some weird English joke and any minute someone was going to burst out laughing and shout Go sit in your new car!!! but, alas it never happened :lol: :lol:

thommo

Post by thommo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:22 am

Great to hear from you, Pierre. Lovely stories. What is it about Exiges that brings out the best in people?

Huskydog NZ

Post by Huskydog NZ » Sun May 19, 2019 10:20 pm

Moving to New Zealand, I had a feeling Britain (less the Great) was going down the pan.

Getting to New Zealand and having the only road going and registered Exige S1 in the whole country. Pretty good claim me thinks until a young Kiwi upstart, (George) 8-) came along and now theirs two of us. :P

Blasting the roads of New Zealand initially. Falling out of love with the Si and now im back in the swing of things 12 years later.

Whoop whoop :lol:

Original name was just Huskydog

JDS

Post by JDS » Mon May 20, 2019 10:11 pm

Benja wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:59 pm
Too many great times over 15years to isolate a single moment. A few notable ones :

- Many visits to the Edward's magic garage; for the original Honda transplant, the SC install and then most recently the refurb. Each time has been excitement greater than picking a new car from a dealer. Massively grateful to Martin and Steve for their work.

- The time we thought it was a good idea to all meet up at JSR in Dudley and travel in convoy to Anglesey - properly unhinged :crazy:

- Leaving my window open at Donny in a biblical downpour.

- Con's red calipers

- Having the car being part of my kids childhood, esp my middle boy James who is totally mad about it.

- Most of all the great people I've met through owning the car.

The worst moment was when the car broke on the way to Spa. As I was arguing with the AA about recovering it I could have put a match to it as it sat forlornly in the paddock.

Also, and as others have said, losing both Con and Mike, I have very fond memories of both of those guys.
Meeting at JSR to drive up to Anglesey was a bloody BRILLIANT idea!!! :lol: You all managed to behave through the tunnel on the way out, was expecting lots of 11's!! Where is that road sign meme??

Burning the hell out of my arm replacing the AC pipe on Ben's car at B&C when it was still under under warranty, working on it at Plans, helping him spend his bonus at JSR. Watching it morph from standard, to various stages of not so standard, to stunning. Not sure who is stalking who, to be honest!!

Ben arriving at Oulton Park, just in time to leave to go for a curry, having missed all the track day.

DaveP/Will making people look ordinary, without monster powered cars.

Jonny - NA rocks - Fox. No need to say anymore really. S2 was cool, S1 is amazing, and glad to have helped you out.

With Sean and Wayne, helping build the only Audi powered car to win in the LOT series. Sean flashing a GT2 out of the way at Donny on the back straight. While 2 up. The guy was slightly less than impressed!

Drive back from Anglesey with Ian in his Exige, and me in my Cupra R, in the evening through Snowdon. An interesting combo, light weight and revs vs lots of torque and huge brakes.

C1 racing with Seriously Dave/Ishy/Richard A/Tony/Dean/others!! Including 24 hours at Sillystone a couple of weeks ago. It was wet. And cold. And dark. And cold. And safety car. And cold. And little bit crashy/rolly. And cold. Did I say it was cold?

I guess a special mention for an S1 Exigeish - that has done 189mph at Brunters- same as a MP4-12C at the same place. The car's an animal!

Agree on losing Con and Mike too soon. Not so great.

Being asleep in my van for the red caliper award was a touch embarrassing, but hugely humbling when I found out.

For me, met loads of people - please don't be offended if you're not in the above list - I now call good friends, have had some amazing experiences, passengered in/driven/fixed/built some absolutely special, mental cars.