Oil change

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
ade

Wondering what to do with the oil on my Elise, it was last serviced C plus cambelt 2 years ago, sadly because of last year it has only done 300ish miles since (wasn't even MOT'd last year)

Should I bother to change the oil or not? Is it really worth the effort?
winthattt

No, it’s not worth the effort. It does not go “off”sitting in the sump. Most manufacturers of good synthetic oil say it lasts 5 years. When my car hardly moved I changed the oil every 3 years which was a few k miles, just to keep some sort of service history.
Fonzey

I personally would change it, but I can't make a strong argument for it other than it's an opportunity to get under the car, give everything a once over - and at the end of the day, it's not a huge cost.
PaulT

I'm technically rubbish but I specifically asked Nick Adams (Elise / Exige dev lead) this question and his reply was to change it every year regardless.
Rob999

Change it, drive it more. Done.
seriouslylotus

Yes 100% change
a = Oil and filter is cheap
b = During hot/cold/hot periods the engine can sweat internally with condensation, that is now potentially in you oil.
c = see a
ade

Ok, taking everything on board, I think Dave's argument was best, I will be changing the oil prior to use this year. Oh and I do plan on using it more than a hundred miles or so.....