S1 exige value

Topics relating to the Lotus Exige S1 (series 1)
winthattt
Reactions:

If you finish up with £54k it’s not your car back but you can’t complain. Time to move on I think. Maybe you can get a fraction more for the car.
Jimmy_
Reactions:

it most likely is worth more, worth alot more to me but that's how it goes I guess.

Least it has the the opportunity to live on in other S1's :thumbup:

I'd love to rebuild as a dedicated track car, but the mrs would definitely leave me if I spent all my uk time in the garage! :lol:
Evoman
Reactions:

Oh my that is so horrible to see, like you say though a good perspective on the whole thing is consider the positives of not being physically injured.

Good luck with the search for your next car be it S1 Exige or something different.

Who knows there may be some good example Exiges out there that an owner may be persuaded to part with especially knowing the circumstances.

Cheers
R
SimonE
Reactions:

What a sorry sight - pleased you are ok. On salvage value must be worth £7k? Seats, engine,wheels got to be worth close to that on their own?
Jimmy_
Reactions:

Evoman wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:01 am Oh my that is so horrible to see, like you say though a good perspective on the whole thing is consider the positives of not being physically injured.

Good luck with the search for your next car be it S1 Exige or something different.

Who knows there may be some good example Exiges out there that an owner may be persuaded to part with especially knowing the circumstances.

Cheers
R

Thank you for the kind words! Shall see whats left for me when i finally get back into country.

Fingers crossed.

SimonE wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:05 am What a sorry sight - pleased you are ok. On salvage value must be worth £7k? Seats, engine,wheels got to be worth close to that on their own?

Definitely, on co part I saw an elise S2 hit well over 7k.
Granted he'll have to take in account paying employees to strip it, then add VAT on top which all adds up. Initially I asked for 7.5k, but reduced to 6k (was a typo before), I scoured alot of sites for past item sell prices and he should net like 14k or 15k easily -when the items sell that is.
ade
Reactions:

You have a PM