MOT day

Topics relating to the Lotus Exige S1 (series 1)
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

Wish me luck..

andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

The most stressful time of the year for me!
Fonzey
Reactions:

Least stressful for me.... maybe I should find a new MOT inspector that's not so friendly :lol:
ade
Reactions:

Sometimes my Exige even made it on the ramp during it's MOT...... :roll:
Fonzey
Reactions:

ade wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:32 pm Sometimes my Exige even made it on the ramp during it's MOT...... :roll:
:lol: Sounds familiar. Sometimes I wonder if it would be cheeky for me to say "ahem, I've actually got a cat on this one so if you wouldn't mind actually checking my car for vital safety items that would be grand". :oops:
ade
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:33 pm
ade wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:32 pm Sometimes my Exige even made it on the ramp during it's MOT...... :roll:
:lol: Sounds familiar. Sometimes I wonder if it would be cheeky for me to say "ahem, I've actually got a cat on this one so if you wouldn't mind actually checking my car for vital safety items that would be grand". :oops:
I've been working really hard to get the Clio in a position it will actually pass an completely straight MOT, only the CAT to go, and I have a sports CAT waiting to be modified and fitted, then I'll see if it even gets close to the correct emission standards :angel:
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

Ha! I need to use your MOT station.

In fairness mine has made it to a ramp, but that’s because Simon Scott-Russell at SSR Sportscars is sorting the minor cam seal leak as well as the MOT

Have to say super impressed by Simon again, I asked that he gives it a service, sort the leak, and also poke about for anything I need to worry about.

He has been fantastic to deal with and picked up just a handful of really minor things to bring the car up to scratch, really pleased with his approach. Definitely recommended.
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

Collected car from its service and MoT, fantastic service and really impressed by SSR. And was very nice to be given a gift as part of the experience too!

Highly recommended and an amazing parts stores too..