VHPD Emerald map files wanted

Topics relating to the Lotus Exige S1 (series 1)
deggles

Does anyone have Emerald map files for a VHPD Exige that they're willing to share?

I've had to swap to an Emerald K3 after my original ECU developed a fault :( Car is pretty standard, 190 cam timing with a silenced decat. It drives ok with a custom map copied from @pmyhill's car but could be better at low revs/part throttle. Could be down to exhaust system differences.

Ultimately I want to fit some verniers and get it timed and mapped properly, but hoping for something a bit more usable in the mean time and I have three switchable map slots to experiment with!

Many thanks!
Dan
winthattt

I have got one from my 190 with verniers(otherwise std). It never worked very well but you are welcome to it. PM me your email and I’ll send it over. You may have better luck than me. I went back to the std ecu, much better.
deggles

winthattt wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:41 pm I have got one from my 190 with verniers(otherwise std). It never worked very well but you are welcome to it. PM me your email and I’ll send it over. You may have better luck than me. I went back to the std ecu, much better.
Thank you, you have PM. I read with interest your various threads/comments, it does seem Lotus actually did a pretty good job on the mapping. Unfortunately I've not found anyone able to repair my original ECU :(
winthattt

I’ll send it tomorrow. Use map 1. That was done on the rollers. My car did make 187hp, if you believe the dyno! I never managed to get my car through the Mot with the map but it did run ok once warm with all accessories off. My car has the iacv so it is used that for idle control (and ignition advance). If you don’t have the iacv fitted you will need to turn it off. My car had verniers, they were set on the rollers.
ortope

deggles wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:04 am Does anyone have Emerald map files for a VHPD Exige that they're willing to share?

I've had to swap to an Emerald K3 after my original ECU developed a fault :( Car is pretty standard, 190 cam timing with a silenced decat. It drives ok with a custom map copied from @pmyhill's car but could be better at low revs/part throttle. Could be down to exhaust system differences.

Ultimately I want to fit some verniers and get it timed and mapped properly, but hoping for something a bit more usable in the mean time and I have three switchable map slots to experiment with!

Many thanks!
Dan
You should check the timing of the engine first: The timing of my VHPD was horribly wrong!

How it should be:

Note the difference in the setting:

Cheers
# S1 016
winthattt

You have my map(s) now. Enjoy. I had a quick look at the maps and I would play around with the three choices. I think the maps are the same but I was messing about trying to get good idle control over temp/pressure/loads and gave up. Map 1 is fully open loop and does not use the IACV or ignition advance, it's a race car map!