When warm, idle drops and stalls

Topics relating to the Lotus Exige S1 (series 1)
C8LGY

Did you get it fixed? Interestingly enougH, tonight I discovered that if you reset the idle learning on the ECU, it shuts the IACV fully (33% DC) then varies the idle speed between 1500 and 750 rpm, so must technically be capable of running without one!
rossi_p

C8LGY wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:36 pm Did you get it fixed? Interestingly enougH, tonight I discovered that if you reset the idle learning on the ECU, it shuts the IACV fully (33% DC) then varies the idle speed between 1500 and 750 rpm, so must technically be capable of running without one!
Apologies for slow reply but yes.

Simply screwed in the small adjuster on the throttle cable a half turn. It has solved the problem but will have a technician check it over when I next go for a service.

Interestingly (or not) another niggle surfaced when at cadwell. The car developed a phantom 5k-5.5k rev limit then was fine driving home…. Theory is a crank sensor issue but again something to check out.
C8LGY

Good to hear! The only thing to watch out that by increasing the idle speed that you're not masking another issue. Easy to check though with an OBD, check that the idle speed matches the target speed, and that it can get down to 1250 rpm when cold. If you see the 'idle DC' start to get up above 45% then that could point to the IACV sticking.
rossi_p

Thanks for the advice. The idle adjustment only being used temporary fix until goes for service shortly.