New Member S1

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
thommo
Reactions:

Kim, how do you get out of the cars in what looks like a rather bijou, albeit well organised, garage?
AtTheLimit
Reactions:

You don't, my wife serves meals through the window! But seriously, you drive it in so the nose is between the posts, get out and push it in the rest of the way, same in reverse when getting it out. It's not ideal but at least they are under cover. And of course getting the undertrays off, doing oil changes becomes a whole lot easier, it just means you have to get the right car in the right place!
trackrod
Reactions:

Welcome :-)
Lovely Exige which I think you have bought for a good price. And it even shares the garage space with a Europa.
I've got also an Europa (early one) with my Exige. Do you mind sharing a picture of your Europa?

Klaus
AtTheLimit
Reactions:

Hi Klaus,
I've had the Europa a long time and did a full restoration on it, here are some photos.
Attachments
Scan 43.jpg
CIMG9318.jpg
CIMG9240.jpg
thommo
Reactions:

Super. I should have complimented you on your choice of cars rather than querying your exit strategy!!
tim_marra
Reactions:

Nice Europa. What was the reasoning behind the red chassis colour?
AtTheLimit
Reactions:

Hi, Not a conscious decision, the chassis came in red, I would have preferred grey but to have it painted they wanted another £350 and at the time I needed that money to spend on mechanical parts. In truth I wished i'd have saved up a bit more at the time, but you learn by your mistakes. I am going to restore an Elan, that will be grey, they still want £350 to powder coat it grey.
tim_marra
Reactions:

The originals back in the day were black. Well, Europa's were as far as I know.
trackrod
Reactions:

That looks like a nice and original Europa :thumbup:
Judging form the colour I thought it must have been an S2 as Lotus yellow is no typical TC colour.
AtTheLimit
Reactions:

Hi Klaus,

It's the original colour, we liked it so much that when we had it painted, we went for the same again. I've owned the car 35 years so we knew quite a lot about it. (there's a theme going on here) There's an S2 lurking in the first picture but that was sold to a friend a long time ago. It's quite original but it sits on some nice minilight wheels but I still have the originals , it has long range alloy fuel tanks, the old ones eventually rusted through.

Kim