Brief intro

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

The slight problem for me about the SQ is not the availability - I know of 2 for sale its the price. They are £500k plus.
Neilly89
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:15 pm The slight problem for me about the SQ is not the availability - I know of 2 for sale its the price. They are £500k plus.
That's a problem yes :D
Elahrairah
Reactions:

Colour can be important to people and rightly so.. But I would also 'now I have experience' choose as Fonzey rightly says.. Spec over colour.. Unless of course the colour is an absolute 100% NO!

You mentioned budget being too low for some cars for sale.. What budget do you have in mind?
Reactions:

Welcome to Exiges Neil

Good luck with the car search
Neilly89
Reactions:

Elahrairah wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:48 pm Colour can be important to people and rightly so.. But I would also 'now I have experience' choose as Fonzey rightly says.. Spec over colour.. Unless of course the colour is an absolute 100% NO!

You mentioned budget being too low for some cars for sale.. What budget do you have in mind?
Yeah certainly agree on spec, there are certain things I am looking for however I am trying to be as open to options as possible. Same applies with colour although there are some colours that wouldn't interest me and wouldn't be considered such as blacks, reds, greys.

What did you get yourself when you talk about having experienced it now? Is it a recent purchase?

Budget has a few factors as it does with each person individually. Wouldn't spend more than £30k on what is essentially a toy. Plus at low £30's 996 turbos, V8 R8's sneak back into play in the classifieds.

I feel as though all car sales have slowed significantly in the last year. Whether it's Brexit and uncertain outlook for a lot of people financially or maybe the fact that a lot of sales, especially performance cars are PCP where people are happy to get VW golf R's, BMW M2's or Audi RS3's on a cheap lease deal for 3 years then simply give the car back at the end of it and start again. My estate is full of them. My RS4 sold quickly as I priced it lower than others of similair mileage and spec. Could have gotten closer to £20k for it but I would have been like the 30 or so others online that have sat for 3-6 months plus!

The market place is full of performance cars that don't seem to be selling as quickly right now. Great time to be a buyer. Hence selling the RS4 to free up some more cash.
Neilly89
Reactions:

6970K wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:19 pm Welcome to Exiges Neil

Good luck with the car search
Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed the right thing pops up.
In no rush really as whatever I end up with will be getting tucked up for the worst of the weather.

Cheers
Neil
Elahrairah
Reactions:

I got this but I believe I already showed you on seloc?
20180828_150337.jpg
It wasn't my first choice of colours but realise now how nice the white is now with the pearl colouration and little gold fleck in the paintwork finish..

My car is a touring pack car so great if you want to have a few added comforts.. Only thing i'd add to the car is harness seats as mine has the lovely probax but standard not harness hole style.

Colour wise I too wanted a bright colour such as scandal green/chrome orange but found the cars I saw either had high mileage/high price still due to colour type.. or just high price full stop..

This car wasn't cheap but it is lowish mileage and in good overall condition.. I'd certainly take condition/spec over colour but also factor in price..

You're indeed correct with the market slowing.. It could be any number of reason 'many of which you've mentioned;.. It could also be partly due to us being force fed the idea of going green and getting hybrid/electric cars.. People are perhaps fearful of putting a large chunk of money into a petrol car with the current uncertainties.
Neilly89
Reactions:

Elahrairah wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:46 pm I got this but I believe I already showed you on seloc?

20180828_150337.jpg

It wasn't my first choice of colours but realise now how nice the white is now with the pearl colouration and little gold fleck in the paintwork finish..

My car is a touring pack car so great if you want to have a few added comforts.. Only thing i'd add to the car is harness seats as mine has the lovely probax but standard not harness hole style.

Colour wise I too wanted a bright colour such as scandal green/chrome orange but found the cars I saw either had high mileage/high price still due to colour type.. or just high price full stop..

This car wasn't cheap but it is lowish mileage and in good overall condition.. I'd certainly take condition/spec over colour but also factor in price..

You're indeed correct with the market slowing.. It could be any number of reason 'many of which you've mentioned;.. It could also be partly due to us being force fed the idea of going green and getting hybrid/electric cars.. People are perhaps fearful of putting a large chunk of money into a petrol car with the current uncertainties.
Ah that's right, never recognised the name. Lovely looking car and quite an artistic photo through the wild flowers haha!

I'm quite fussy on cars to be honest. It drives my wife up the wall when I get a bit OCD even with the family car.

Do all of the supercharged variants come with traction control? Something again I feel is a must for me for road and occasional track use.

Cheers
Neil
Elahrairah
Reactions:

Neilly89 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:20 pm
Elahrairah wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:46 pm I got this but I believe I already showed you on seloc?

20180828_150337.jpg

Ah that's right, never recognised the name. Lovely looking car and quite an artistic photo through the wild flowers haha!

I'm quite fussy on cars to be honest. It drives my wife up the wall when I get a bit OCD even with the family car.

Do all of the supercharged variants come with traction control? Something again I feel is a must for me for road and occasional track use.

Cheers
Neil

My problem with cars is trying to keep them clean and not stone chipped.. Not something you can maintain with such a low down sports car with soft/thin factory paintwork.

I'm not actually sure which ones come with traction control.. I know that mine does and for the most part I keep it on.. I've been told by a friend of mine that when they took it off on a trackday the car they drive was more usable and therefore faster lap times were achieved.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I don’t have TC on my supercharged exige.

I don’t feel it needs it tbh