Hello - new owner of Exige S RGB #138 checking in

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
Lankan
Reactions:

andybond wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:13 pm
Alfa SZ.

Wow. Just wow.
Indeed, that is one "love it" or "hate it" type of car, so good to see that it is appreciated - Alfa's first CAD-designed model, which was as rough as hell but one that was packed full of character. That Busso engine was a real masterpiece.
Dw1 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:05 pm
Welcome!!! And what a way to join with that car!! Brilliant. It looks an absolute beaut and a future classic.

Looking forwards to reading about your exploits and what you plan to do.

Is that the one Jon Seal was selling?
Thank you - yes, it is that one.

I have already posted the work that #138 is having done before I take delivery: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21182
Last edited by Lankan on Wed May 27, 2020 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
2010 Exige S RGB #138
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Lankan wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 pm
andybond wrote:
Alfa SZ.

Wow. Just wow.
Indeed, that is one "love it" or "hate it" type of car, so good to see that it is appreciated - Alfa's first CAD-designed model, which was as rough as hell but one that was packed full of character. That Busso engine was a real masterpiece.
See , no one talks about the engine. I didnt know it was a masterpiece. Tell more? Did it rev well? Sound well? Do everything well? I just plain and simple do not know much about the engine. It was always overshadowed for me by the asthetics of the SZ.
Lankan
Reactions:

andybond wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:22 pm
Lankan wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 pm
andybond wrote:
Alfa SZ.

Wow. Just wow.
See , no one talks about the engine. I didnt know it was a masterpiece. Tell more? Did it rev well? Sound well? Do everything well? I just plain and simple do not know much about the engine. It was always overshadowed for me by the asthetics of the SZ.
The 'Busso' engine is full of character. The 3.0 litre V6 version in the Alfa SZ and the last incarnation (3.2 litre) that went into the Alfa 156 GTA's were the best - this video provides a potted history of the Busso engine (the SZ is featured at around the 4:15 min mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdD2RzZAglQ

If you need to know more details of the Alfa SZ (or the RZ, the soft-top version), then have a look here: http://home.kpn.nl/evdbeek/monster.html (You will learn everything one can from that site, which is run by a long term enthusiast, a Dutchman}
Last edited by Lankan on Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
2010 Exige S RGB #138
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Many thanks! :)

I shall read and digest
The Hornet
Reactions:

Welcome !!

I am on Surrey/Hants/Berks border (not far from Woking) - so not too far away from you :)
Lankan
Reactions:

The Hornet wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:51 am
Welcome !!

I am on Surrey/Hants/Berks border (not far from Woking) - so not too far away from you :)
Thanks, not too far away at all - what is your usual stomping ground when you go for a blast?
2010 Exige S RGB #138
The Hornet
Reactions:

depends.. more recently down towards Winchester via backend of fleet, Odiham, Alresford, Owlesbury - some fab roads right on the doorstep - also have a route through berks and bucks up towards Aylsbury.. Once we are freed up a bit, we should plan a blat..

There is also the Seloc Winter Warmer route from Guildford down to Hayling Island - that's a good drive too
Lankan
Reactions:

The Hornet wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:07 pm
depends.. more recently down towards Winchester via backend of fleet, Odiham, Alresford, Owlesbury - some fab roads right on the doorstep - also have a route through berks and bucks up towards Aylsbury.. Once we are freed up a bit, we should plan a blat..

There is also the Seloc Winter Warmer route from Guildford down to Hayling Island - that's a good drive too
Cool, sounds like a plan - will let you know once I take delivery of #138.

I usually take the back roads towards Oxford (mainly the A4) or the scenic route towards Cheltenham.
2010 Exige S RGB #138
ad_S
Reactions:

Welcome along