AndyZim's S2 Exige

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
andyzim
Reactions:

Hi,

Just picked up a 2004 Exige from Jon Seal yesterday. I think this car was owned by a forum member a while back but it's been hard to track down more than a couple of photos and details of its history.

It's Nightfall blue and had the Lotus approved supercharger conversion fitted back in about 2013. It's got a few non-standard parts fitted, from what I can gather from the invoice history and looking over the car:

TD 1.2 alloys (I think - the no logo version)
TRD airbox
engine mount inserts
AP 295mm brake bells and rotors with braided hoses
V6 mirror plinths (I think?)
Baffled oil sump - Eliseparts version I think
Uniball Rear toe links
It had a full suspension refresh in about 2014 too.

Were LED rear lights standard by 2004?

This is the only clean photo I have so far because on the 140 mile drive home through 2 heavy rainstorms it got absolutely filthy.

I've had an S1 elise for the past 4 years which I had done a lot of work on so I'm eager to get my hands dirty and stuck in on this car too.

First jobs are going to be changing out the seats and steering wheel and adding a harness bar.
Then I'll be taking off the front clam to see if I can refresh the AC system and get that working (I'll replace the tow post and front rad at the same time).
Last edited by andyzim on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fonzey
Reactions:

Nice, car looks good - one of my favourite colours (I seem to say this about more and more colours nowadays).

Sounds like this could be an interesting thread if you're willing to get your hands dirty. Though I won't pretend to be an expert, I've got quite intimate with the AC system on my car so let me know if you have any questions etc!
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Welcome along!

I do not believe LEDs were OEM fit.

Good luck with the aircon, I have had a nightmare with mine but [mention]Fonzey[/mention] had lot more luck.

What seats do you currently have?
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Beat me to it Fonzey!
andyzim
Reactions:

Thanks guys. I have been reading all the threads I can where you tackled air con issues.

I guess it just has the standard seats ones at the moment, non probax etc. I have a pair of Corbeau LE-Pro which I'll put in because I find them more comfortable (more padding) and like to use harnesses on trackdays.
Last edited by andyzim on Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fonzey
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:57 pm I do not believe LEDs were OEM fit.
They arrived in the 2006 "facelift", so about the same time the throttle went to DBW etc.
andyzim
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:00 pm
They arrived in the 2006 "facelift", so about the same time the throttle went to DBW etc.
Ah, yes that makes sense. Well this car appears to have the LED lights too so I guess they have been added at some point.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

andyzim wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:03 pm
Fonzey wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:00 pm
Ah, yes that makes sense. Well this car appears to have the LED lights too so I guess they have been added at some point.
Same as mine :) Mine is an early one with S/C conversion and LED lights.
evo_ufo
Reactions:

Very nice. Love the colour, but then I'm biased.
lotuslee
Reactions:

Hi Andy, your Exige is a great car and used to 9owned by a chap called Reg Sandwick he was the one that did the SC conversion etc. I have sent him a message to look at this page :thumbup: