AndyZim's S2 Exige

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
johnfishcurtis
Reactions:

Welcome :thumbup:

Looks like a good purchase and interested to see how you progress with the AC and future mods!
RegS
Reactions:

Hi Andy, yes this was my car, I sold it to Jon Seal 2 1/2 years ago, the SC conversion was done by Lotus Newcastle but most of the other work was done by me, the wheels are Team Dynamics and the uprated Toe Links are Elise Parts. Does it still have the Quantum Dampers on it? I have tons of pics of the work done if you want them, here's a couple of me enjoying it, hope you do too, good to see it again :thumbup:
Last edited by RegS on Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
andyzim
Reactions:

Thanks Reg, yes I found a couple of your old photos when the sc was fitted, it'd be great to see any others you have. I love the car, been out for a drive this evening just for fun.

It seems to have the standard bilsteins on it now, also I can't work out but looks like a standard exhaust. I've got loads of invoices with the car with your name all over them!
HOON
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:06 pm
andyzim wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:03 pm
Fonzey wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:00 pm

They arrived in the 2006 "facelift", so about the same time the throttle went to DBW etc.
Ah, yes that makes sense. Well this car appears to have the LED lights too so I guess they have been added at some point.
Same as mine :) Mine is an early one with S/C conversion and LED lights.
Hi Andy,

Sorry I’m a bit late to this post, defo non LED in 2004, photo of my old 2004 190 Exige.
Congrats on your new car, I’m looking forward to seeing some more photos 👍
BTW Lotus stage 2 exhaust in the photo if that helps.
RegS
Reactions:

andyzim wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:02 pm Thanks Reg, yes I found a couple of your old photos when the sc was fitted, it'd be great to see any others you have. I love the car, been out for a drive this evening just for fun.

It seems to have the standard bilsteins on it now, also I can't work out but looks like a standard exhaust. I've got loads of invoices with the car with your name all over them!
Yeah I kept all the invoices for the parts I’d bought, good job I never added them all up😄When I had it I put a full Hanger 111 system on it, down pipe, sports Cat and silencer. If you let me have your email address I’ll upload the pictures to Google Drive and send you a link to download them.
andyzim
Reactions:

RegS wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:38 am
andyzim wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:02 pm Thanks Reg, yes I found a couple of your old photos when the sc was fitted, it'd be great to see any others you have. I love the car, been out for a drive this evening just for fun.

Yeah I kept all the invoices for the parts I’d bought, good job I never added them all up😄When I had it I put a full Hanger 111 system on it, down pipe, sports Cat and silencer. If you let me have your email address I’ll upload the pictures to Google Drive and send you a link to download them.
Thanks, I've sent you a message with my email. I'm still unsure what exhaust is on it. The silencer has this plate on it with the writing
CLF Muffler
120S0003
L0030004

From some searching online it looks like this might just be a standard back box.
It's hard to tell what the rest of the system is - it's all covered in heatshields which made me think originally it was stock. Maybe I need to take a closer look.
andyzim
Reactions:

I went out for a drive last night, I'm really enjoying how it feels and sounds so far. The 12v aux cigarette lighter socket stopped working at some point during the journey though so I'll have to investigate that now.

johnfishcurtis
Reactions:

A picture of your tail pipes should tell us if its a H111 or stock silencer.

12v lighter could be a blown fuse. Mine is useless, as anything I plug in comes loose and doesn't charge/falls out.
The Hornet
Reactions:

Welcome.. I have a 2004 Exige - and they defo didn't have LED lights - which supercharger kit do you have, the non cooler version from the Elise SC or the Exige S one ?
andyzim
Reactions:

It's the non-cooler version of the Elise SC, the M45 charger with the integrated manifold.