We are a bit quiet

for any non Lotus car talk or projects.
Rob999
Reactions:

I’ve been quiet too, I should update my satsuma thread...and I’m far from a long time member!!

I’ll give that insta a follow though Andy 👍
@bobbyinio for anyone who wants to see cars, cats and cycling. I’m in competition with Gav aka @TarmacTerrorist it seems!!
PaulT
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:51 am
... social media influencer...
*smashes pipe on mantlepiece and grimaces in mirror*
Fonzey
Reactions:

PaulT wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:02 am
Fonzey wrote:
... social media influencer...
*smashes pipe on mantlepiece and grimaces in mirror*
Hiiiiii Guyssss it's Fonzeeeeeyy

I'm not ashamed to admit that 90% of the reason I click on my SELOC bookmark is to access the classifieds. It's probably the best resource for buying/selling parts that we have in the UK.

Saying that, I always sell my Lotus junk on FB. I've listed a couple of things that I didn't think would have much interest and both sold at asking price within hours to overseas buyers.

I know we have a classifieds section here, and I know it will only get more popular when we have more members. I'm guilty of not even posting in it just because I know the audience is quite small. I'll adjust that in future, it costs me nothing to copy and paste an advert :thumbup:
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:56 am
#exiges stickers. Needs to happen
Done.

https://shop.exiges.com/product-category/stickers/
Fonzey
Reactions:

Ordered :mrgreen:
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:16 am
Ordered :mrgreen:
Fulfilling the order :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Might be a slight COVID delay ..
seriouslylotus
Reactions:

andybond wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:53 am
Fonzey wrote:
I'm hardly a social media influencer but I get most interactions about my car via IG. Most of the time from people who "have seen the thread on pistonheads, what are your thoughts on blah blah blah". I guess people just can't be arsed registering on/posting on forums anymore so instead they direct message on IG. Weird but hey-ho.

I'll be sure to throw some tagging around for exiges.com, hopefully it helps drive some traffic.
Fantastic , thanks.

I am with you on the people CBA to register. I also think the fact its not an app ( yet works perfectly fine in a phone browser ) is an issue.

Going to try and use #ExigesDotCom and #Exige as our hashtags
Andy one of the historical issues was the bollocks people had to go through to get signed up. I know you fixed that, but people tried to get on here, failed after months of trying and just didn't come back. What ever you do PLEASE do NOT join with any other Lotus forums. Keep it exiges.com
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

seriouslylotus wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:24 am
andybond wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:53 am
Fonzey wrote:
I'm hardly a social media influencer but I get most interactions about my car via IG. Most of the time from people who "have seen the thread on pistonheads, what are your thoughts on blah blah blah". I guess people just can't be arsed registering on/posting on forums anymore so instead they direct message on IG. Weird but hey-ho.

I'll be sure to throw some tagging around for exiges.com, hopefully it helps drive some traffic.
Fantastic , thanks.

I am with you on the people CBA to register. I also think the fact its not an app ( yet works perfectly fine in a phone browser ) is an issue.

Going to try and use #ExigesDotCom and #Exige as our hashtags
Andy one of the historical issues was the bollocks people had to go through to get signed up. I know you fixed that, but people tried to get on here, failed after months of trying and just didn't come back. What ever you do PLEASE do NOT join with any other Lotus forums. Keep it exiges.com
I heard about the issues with signup.

I was hoping to keep this place independent of any others.
Fonzey
Reactions:

I don't see a benefit in merging with another forum, as lets face it - all that would be is the larger forum swallowing up the smaller one.

There could be opportunities for more/better inter-forum collaboration when it comes to events and meets though. I know of at least NYLOC, VX220.org.uk and Exiges.com that have struggled to fill their own trackdays for example. Rather than struggling to fill three, why don't we join forces and fill out a few events?! Lets face it many of these clubs have membership overlaps too, and they all serve a slightly unique purpose in forum format - but when it comes to a chat over curry/beer and a trackday - we're all the same community really.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:02 pm
I don't see a benefit in merging with another forum, as lets face it - all that would be is the larger forum swallowing up the smaller one.

There could be opportunities for more/better inter-forum collaboration when it comes to events and meets though. I know of at least NYLOC, VX220.org.uk and Exiges.com that have struggled to fill their own trackdays for example. Rather than struggling to fill three, why don't we join forces and fill out a few events?! Lets face it many of these clubs have membership overlaps too, and they all serve a slightly unique purpose in forum format - but when it comes to a chat over curry/beer and a trackday - we're all the same community really.
Seems a more than reasonable suggestion