We are a bit quiet

for any non Lotus car talk or projects.
ade
Reactions:

andybond wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:48 am
The decreasing pool of hardcore members who post is the thing that got me worried the most as well. We had a slight resurgence of posts when lockdown came in but its petered out again.

I have started a instagram account https://www.instagram.com/exigesdotcom/ that I have had a huge response to with turboRenault - now sat at 31.2k members. It might be non interactive but it should hopefully guide some of the people that dont know about us here. Hopefully some S3 owners!

I don't even conceptually understand instatwitter thingy......
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

ade wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:54 pm
andybond wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:48 am
The decreasing pool of hardcore members who post is the thing that got me worried the most as well. We had a slight resurgence of posts when lockdown came in but its petered out again.

I have started a instagram account https://www.instagram.com/exigesdotcom/ that I have had a huge response to with turboRenault - now sat at 31.2k members. It might be non interactive but it should hopefully guide some of the people that dont know about us here. Hopefully some S3 owners!

I don't even conceptually understand instatwitter thingy......
Thats more than fine.

I am attempting to engage ( or reengage ) people back to exiges.com. People who have exiges and couldnt get on the site due to the logon problem ages ago , or new owners who are you and trendy and buying s3s :)
The Hornet
Reactions:

seriouslylotus wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:24 am
andybond wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:53 am
Fonzey wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:51 am
I'm hardly a social media influencer but I get most interactions about my car via IG. Most of the time from people who "have seen the thread on pistonheads, what are your thoughts on blah blah blah". I guess people just can't be arsed registering on/posting on forums anymore so instead they direct message on IG. Weird but hey-ho.

I'll be sure to throw some tagging around for exiges.com, hopefully it helps drive some traffic.
Fantastic , thanks.

I am with you on the people CBA to register. I also think the fact its not an app ( yet works perfectly fine in a phone browser ) is an issue.

Going to try and use #ExigesDotCom and #Exige as our hashtags
Andy one of the historical issues was the bollocks people had to go through to get signed up. I know you fixed that, but people tried to get on here, failed after months of trying and just didn't come back. What ever you do PLEASE do NOT join with any other Lotus forums. Keep it exiges.com
What Dave said.... I have been here a long time (was originally speedluvver) - I have one of the early s2 exiges and have modified it quite a bit..similar to Andy - 280s H111 kit - I just never got round to adding a thread as I don't do most of the work (not good at spannering) - maybe I should.. When I joined it was mostly pesky and a few others that were active here - and mainly s1 owners.. that has defo changed with more s2 activity now I guess.

Also - if you look at seloc, most of the stuff is actually non lotus and is created by James K or Eddie these days. This place has always remained much more Lotus and why, although I don't post a lot - I have my exiges.com tab always open.

I also haven't been to one of the trackdays as I stopped tracking the car some time ago and do road trips now.. maybe we should have a road trip section.. I would be happy to share routes etc...

Jon
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hi @The Hornet

We have https://www.exiges.com/viewforum.php?f=4 Meets + Track Day Reports section now. Did you want something else or is this ok?

Also would be great to read about your s2. More cars and more information the better.
seriouslylotus
Reactions:

andybond wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:01 pm
Hi @The Hornet

We have https://www.exiges.com/viewforum.php?f=4 Meets + Track Day Reports section now. Did you want something else or is this ok?

Also would be great to read about your s2. More cars and more information the better.
Even just a few pictures
The Hornet
Reactions:

That section is fine.. and of course.. expect something over the next few days....
Fonzey
Reactions:

Yes more project threads would be ace, I absolutely love reading them. Can't beat slumping into the sofa on a night when 'she' is watching some trash telly and I can just tuck into the laptop and a good project thread. I don't care if the author is "spanners on" or not, it's more about the decision making and results that I care about - getting to see the hands on bit as a bonus, but not mandatory!
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:46 pm
Yes more project threads would be ace, I absolutely love reading them. Can't beat slumping into the sofa on a night when 'she' is watching some trash telly and I can just tuck into the laptop and a good project thread. I don't care if the author is "spanners on" or not, it's more about the decision making and results that I care about - getting to see the hands on bit as a bonus, but not mandatory!
Bang on.

Love build threads. Love youtube build threads. Cannot get enough
thommo
Reactions:

Good work, Andy, and, again, some clear thinking from Fonzey.
How do you fellas keep all this going while working, having families to look after, while I just sit about in the sunshine, head out for the occasional bike ride and pour an occasional drink?
Rob999
Reactions:

Small bonus of the job; I can drive to work

https://instagram.com/stories/bobbyinio ... txdpyaur6p