New theme for Exiges.com

for any non Lotus car talk or projects.

Are you happy to go along with the new theme?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:52 pm

Yes
75%
Yes but let me have the others as well
18%
No
7%

Total votes: 28
ade
Reactions:

seriouslylotus wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:16 am
andybond wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:38 pm I cant see who voted , but I note that 1 person has said no.

Do they want to message me so we can chat about any reservations?
It was me.
Concentrate on new posts.
New clothes will make little difference in my opinion.
Of all the forums i frequent, and it alot. This is by far the easiest to use
I agree with Dave here, this forum is simple to use, obvious when there are new posts and simple to view them, I hate forums where I have to scroll to find the new posts on a thread, makes it really tedious indeed and I quickly lose interest. I read every post on here because I can and it's easy to do, I don't mind a new theme, but don't remove the simplicity of using the site for the sake of a new look.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

ade wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:25 am
seriouslylotus wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:16 am
andybond wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:38 pm I cant see who voted , but I note that 1 person has said no.

Do they want to message me so we can chat about any reservations?
It was me.
Concentrate on new posts.
New clothes will make little difference in my opinion.
Of all the forums i frequent, and it alot. This is by far the easiest to use
I agree with Dave here, this forum is simple to use, obvious when there are new posts and simple to view them, I hate forums where I have to scroll to find the new posts on a thread, makes it really tedious indeed and I quickly lose interest. I read every post on here because I can and it's easy to do, I don't mind a new theme, but don't remove the simplicity of using the site for the sake of a new look.
So , if I can make it pretty and get easy access to the latest topics for you it would be all good?

What I am thinking is where the orange bit is on the right hand side that will contain the latest posts, and if you dont want to use that you can use the hamburger menu for the items.

ade
Reactions:

Andy, I think you might have missed my point, it is the little letter style icon on the thread that allows you to go to the first unread post on each topic.
Not some mess of jumbled rubbish on the front page
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

ade wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:11 pm Andy, I think you might have missed my point, it is the little letter style icon on the thread that allows you to go to the first unread post on each topic.
Not some mess of jumbled rubbish on the front page
That will still work as before!

ade
Reactions:

If that is the case I'm happy, I use the "kiss" principle in my work and I like that in my forums. I now detest all the sites like daily mail etc as they are screwed by dodgy advertising and scrolling bollocks, I just buy a paper or watch TV news
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

22 votes in total is great. Now to see if we can hit 30 votes and get as many people as possible posting as well
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

24 people voted! Thats great news.

You might see some aesthetic changes imminently. It wont be a final view , more an evolution as I work out quite how to manipulate things to how we want!
Rob999
Reactions:

Ooooo look at the pretty pictures! 😄
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Rob999 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:15 pm Ooooo look at the pretty pictures! 😄
I am working through things as fast as I can! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Having an issue with the header at the minute and working on the individual icons ..
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Does anyone have a s1 exige outline ?

I have the s2 and s3 but not the s1!