Jonny's S1 Exige Thread. Again!

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
thommo
Reactions:

Oh, Jonny, that is sad after all your fantastic efforts and yet, I sort of understand. I really enjoyed the build thread and wished I could emulate you (no chance, I haven’t even finished my bike build yet).
Glad it’s gone to a good home but wish it could have stayed here in UK.
Another Brexit :shock:
But at least you reached a decision without a referendum or general election!
To paraphrase the Strictly girls, Tess and Claudia: “Keep posting”
jonnyfox
Reactions:

Hey Pete/Steve

I won't be a stranger, I love our community. I'm a little upset this evening TBH but after meeting the gentleman who's buying, I know it's going to a good home and will be appreciated. He went out of his way to come and inspect 498 and made every effort in making it a smooth transition. I hope he'll join our forum in time.

Moving on I would like to do some drives across Europe with my wife and friends so a GT for the time being . I'd like to visit places with a military history particularly.

It'll be a sleepless night full of fond memories.

Jonny
R300
thommo
Reactions:

Yes, please keep in touch, pal. Enjoyed your company over many years. Euro touring is fab, as I’m sure you know
(even better in an S1). And I hope you enjoy seeking out places like this (visited with NYLOC on Folembray track day earlier this year)
4D887BBA-AC33-4378-8550-09741964117F.jpeg
The Cable Guy
Reactions:

Sad news, want to finish mine now ?
jonnyfox
Reactions:

Bloody hell Ryan, I feel I ought to :D I thought mine took a long time :lol:
R300
trackrod
Reactions:

Hi Jonny,

sorry to hear that you sold your car but it looks like it has gone to a good new home. I always enjoyed following your restoration thread and admired your attention to detail. Maybe you are one of those guys who prefer the restoration journey over driving the finished product? I bet there is some new project lurking around :)

All the best,
Klaus
jonnyfox
Reactions:

Hey Klaus

I'm not going anywhere but I am putting the spanners down. I don't want a new project taking over my free time or being on mind right now. I'm going to do more track days in my R300 and buy a more useable GT. I'd like to drive abroad, do some leisurely trips with my wife. I'm fairly sure I'm buying an Aston Martin Vantage, which is nice :thumbup:

You never know , you may find me knocking your door :D
R300
trackrod
Reactions:

Ok, that's a different plan. But doing leisure trips abroad in an Aston Martin Vantage doesn't sounds too bad.
At least you are very welcome to knock on my door if you come across my place :thumbup:
evo_ufo
Reactions:

Wow didn't even realise you had definitely decided to sell. Oh well as you say everything has its time, and when its time to move on you usually know. Clear that you are enjoying the R300, and that makes loads of sense. Still not sure I can bring myself to that conclusion.

Aston sounds like an awesome plan.
Rob999
Reactions:

To be fair it was a bit of a shed so it was definitely time to sell it 😉