Exige S2 with added supercharger

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

No mate! Bang center! Towards / underneath the supercharger.

ImageImage

When I removed the undertray it’s hard to see where it’s splattered to movement of the oil. Nothing on the peripheries though to suggest rocker cover. Top half of the block is bone dry
johnfishcurtis
Reactions:

It's your alloy wheels causing that, give them to me and save yourself the grief ;)

Seriously, it's undertray off and check around. Do you have oil catch tanks? Is the dipstick in properly?
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I am going to get the car up in the air as best as I can next weekend.
I do have catch tanks yep, but they have been on for a while. Dipstick looks good as well.

I think its one of two things based on I cannot see any oil on the diffuser, and its only marked on the center ish of the undertray. There is no sling from the pulley either.

Dipstick O ring leaking ( but seems a bit toomuch oil for that? )
The oil breather that goes from the block to the rocker cover.

Either way, It only leaked on my longer run back, as I checked the floor for oil stains just before leaving for home.

Weird, and its a PITA without being able to drive onto a ramp!
Fonzey
Reactions:

Typical it's on the side of the engine hard to access/see. It does seem like a fairly substantial leak, in a good way - it should be easier to track down. When I had my crank seal leak it was so slow/steady that it was really hard to identify a source - it just got everything dirty without dripping down onto the under tray.

Near the aforementioned blob of sealer on the inlet side of the engine is that solid breather hose thing - should be easy enough to see if there's oil dripping out of the underside of that.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:18 am
Typical it's on the side of the engine hard to access/see. It does seem like a fairly substantial leak, in a good way - it should be easier to track down. When I had my crank seal leak it was so slow/steady that it was really hard to identify a source - it just got everything dirty without dripping down onto the under tray.

Near the aforementioned blob of sealer on the inlet side of the engine is that solid breather hose thing - should be easy enough to see if there's oil dripping out of the underside of that.
Ah , thats the one that goes back to the block further down, right? Thats dry as a bone.

This is going to be fun getting the car high enough on the drive/garage to see :)
The Hornet
Reactions:

Andy - do you know if the dipstick is still the original 'katana' one ? The solution used by Essex was not perfect - I had issues a couple of times with mine - it was towards the base of the tube where it would weep... when I got the 280s kit fitted, H111 put a whole new tube on..
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

The Hornet wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:25 am
Andy - do you know if the dipstick is still the original 'katana' one ? The solution used by Essex was not perfect - I had issues a couple of times with mine - it was towards the base of the tube where it would weep... when I got the 280s kit fitted, H111 put a whole new tube on..
Its a modified Katana one ( standard n/a version from what I can tell ) that is reshaped. I am thinking this is where I am losing the oil as well. There are only a few places we can really lose the oil on these - this seems favourite.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Might go all @Fonzey and repair my arch liners..

andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Thanks to the genius idea of @Fonzey for rebuilding a new arch liner can you guess what I have been doing this evening folks? Yep .. You guessed it ..

I bought some of this

Took off a wheel to reveal this

Whipped of an arch liner to show this

ImageImageImageImage

Bosched on some of the tape above to make it look like this

All the time I was educating my son wearing this

Which you can get from here : https://shop.exiges.com/product-category/teeshirts/
Fonzey
Reactions:

I think there's a call for exiges.com overalls!!!