New Member, but well known Exige S1

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
winthattt
Reactions:

Congratulations, that’s a very special car, make sure you use it. Jonny is also a gentleman, but never tell him I said so.

Keith
series_one
Reactions:

Oh wow! That and Esprits are definitely the best vhpd Exiges anywhere. Congrats.

Jonny :o wow! You did exiges proud with this one. Simply world class. Now what are you going to do? :D
thommo
Reactions:

Any updates, Marc, now spring is here?
marcvv
Reactions:

marcvv
Reactions:

let's start with a test-picture of the end-result
marcvv
Reactions:

The first phase of getting the Exige licensed here in NL was relatively easy. It took a bit of extra time to find some new LHD-headlights which I now know are not a easy off the shelf item. But the Dutch Lotus dealership arranged all for me including the visit to RDW (DVLA equivalent?) to get all checked for the official paperwork regarding import. They brought the car back to me (still RHD) waiting until the dealership had made room in their schedule for the conversion-project to LHD.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Impressive service from the Dutch Lotus dealership!
marcvv
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 pm Impressive service from the Dutch Lotus dealership!
Well, this ' all-inclusive' service was not for free of course, but given my lack of time I happily agreed to it :-)
marcvv
Reactions:

About 6 weeks after phase one the dealership picked up the car for the LHD-conversion. Elise-shop arranged beforehand most of the required LHD-parts as a set. But they also sourced some complicated dashboard-items. Jan van der Kooi from there dealership also arranged a lot; even before the work started. He arranged a used stack unit (KMH) and sent it to the UK to have it rebuilt and set to the correct number of kilometers.

Part of the challenge was finding LHD dash-parts for a AC-car. In endeffect that was not possible. Since John had already removed all the AC-parts I decided to have it built in LHD with a non-AC-dashboard. Still not simple to source the parts but it all worked out in the end.
marcvv
Reactions:

A lot of work was done on the car during the conversion. I don't live near the dealership so I could not see the progress with my own eyes. They made lots of pictures and sent them to me. I must say however that for me not all the pictures speak for themselves; Jan promised he would give some more explanation when i would take the car for a spin to the dealership.

I will post the pictures here to give some idea of the work done