2006 Exige S

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
matt447
Reactions:

Snap! My 3 bottles of MT-90 arrived yesterday, lol!

Not sure whether to just wait until after my next track day to do it, or not (Donington next week)...

If you get the traction control set up by RRR then I might have to ask you for your map via email - I’ll diff it and take the traction control stuff and put it into my map! ;)
Fonzey
Reactions:

I'm not 100% sure how good the TC is going to be tbh. My car has the factory option installed and it's really bad.... I normally leave it on for road driving, and a couple of times in the wet it's failed to catch the car (before I did) and on track it's the opposite - as soon as I get inside wheel spin it just kills all power, so it has to come off. Seems to be worst of both worlds.

I don't know if the >08 variable one is any better or not.

As for the EMU offerings, they explained to me that they have two options for implementing. Both are variable on a rotary switch, so a bit of cockpit bling if nowt' else. :lol:

1- Uses RPM rate to calculate slip. It was described to me as a work in progress and still needs more calibration.
2- Requires a wheel speed to CAN device for (in the words of RRR) "Motorsports level traction control"

Naturally as option 1 doesn't require to spend any more money, I'm going with that. I don't think the car needs traction control, knowing what I know about it now I'd have never paid for it as an option in a new car - but for the sake of fitting a rotary switch somewhere it seems like a no brainer to at least give #1 a try. Having variable control might make it a bit more usable on a wet track, as it'll let the inside rear spin up a little bit before cutting power but I'll just have to play with it and see.
The Hornet
Reactions:

My car is currently at Hangar 111 having EMU black installed and mapped - mapping is tomorrow- will give some feedback once I get it back... my car never had traction control as its 2004, so to start with I will not add it unless Greg at H111 recommends to do so..

I went there as my car has their 280s kit which Greg knows well..
matt447
Reactions:

One thing we’ll have to compare notes on, is cold starting... OEM ECU used to start extremely eagerly from cold, whereas this requires a couple of seconds cranking and even then it’s reluctant. I’m positive it’s simply a matter of finding the right fuelling and ignition advance, but I’d like someone to compare notes with! :)
Fonzey
Reactions:

The Hornet wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:33 pm My car is currently at Hangar 111 having EMU black installed and mapped - mapping is tomorrow- will give some feedback once I get it back... my car never had traction control as its 2004, so to start with I will not add it unless Greg at H111 recommends to do so..

I went there as my car has their 280s kit which Greg knows well..
Good stuff, my car has some history with H111 before I bought it and Greg and Marianne(?) have been really helpful when I queried a couple of things. They're a bit far for me to go though for any work :lol: RRR are hardly local, but much more convenient.
matt447 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:37 pm One thing we’ll have to compare notes on, is cold starting... OEM ECU used to start extremely eagerly from cold, whereas this requires a couple of seconds cranking and even then it’s reluctant. I’m positive it’s simply a matter of finding the right fuelling and ignition advance, but I’d like someone to compare notes with! :)
Good info, my cold start is a bit 'meh' anyway which I always put down to the lightweight battery.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Cold start is pretty simple to sort. Mine runs really well on initial cold start. It depends on the way the mapper, maps it.
The Hornet
Reactions:

Hangar 111 want to keep it an extra day to make sure cold start is right.. so I hope I will have news to share..
matt447
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:41 pm Cold start is pretty simple to sort. Mine runs really well on initial cold start. It depends on the way the mapper, maps it.
You wouldn’t happen to be able to view your ECU’s params would you? Do you know what the advance is set to for cranking? Maybe fuelling at around ambient temperature? No worries if it’s a hassle, just feel like if I had another to compare to I’d be able to get mine better fairly easily :) Suppose I should just be more patient and ask The Hornet! ;)
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

matt447 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:15 pm
andybond wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:41 pm Cold start is pretty simple to sort. Mine runs really well on initial cold start. It depends on the way the mapper, maps it.
You wouldn’t happen to be able to view your ECU’s params would you? Do you know what the advance is set to for cranking? Maybe fuelling at around ambient temperature? No worries if it’s a hassle, just feel like if I had another to compare to I’d be able to get mine better fairly easily :) Suppose I should just be more patient and ask The Hornet! ;)
With my RS232 --> USB cable that I plug directly into the ECU and with my software can read every parameter?
matt447
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:24 pm
matt447 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:15 pm
With my RS232 --> USB cable that I plug directly into the ECU and with my software can read every parameter?
I’m really after cranking ignition advance and cranking fuelling at ambient temperature - but no worries if it’s too much hassle (and sorry to Fonzey for the thread derail...)