Lee's Exige

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Fonzey
Reactions:

Good progress. Glob of grease behind the clutch fork whilst you've still got access (if you didn't already), they can creak like a bastard.

Both of my 2zz cars have done it, managed to 'fix' it on the Exige by fingering in a gob of grease through the boot on the outside but when my box comes off I can be a bit more thorough with it.
lotuslee
Reactions:

Done that mate, dont ask me how i know :crazy:
Elahrairah
Reactions:

What belt have you gone for Lee?

Great work so far :clap:
lotuslee
Reactions:

Elahrairah wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:44 pm What belt have you gone for Lee?

Great work so far :clap:
Just a std gates 6 k 1928
lotuslee
Reactions:

Little mid week update, i have been burning the midnight oil on a bit of engine spruce up.

Nice surprise when i removed the sheer panel to reveal a nice shiny stainless steel petrol tank, i am told later cars had them fitted as std. Happy days unlike previous builds then, i dont need to drop the tanks to de-rust it

Old Vs new lift bolts, not much wear on them but best to replace with new.

Top of the engine is very clean with zero wear on the cam lobes.

Thought long and had about the cam cover detail, leave alone, mirror polish or paint. In the end i decided to paint in as close as the original colour as poss, trying to keep the original as i can.

Lavazza
Reactions:

Excellent work Lee, great attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing the finished article.
thommo
Reactions:

More great work. Enjoying keeping up with progress.
lotuslee
Reactions:

The subframe has been chemically cleaned, the 2 coats of zinc galv stray and top coat rustuleim

Both chassis and shims has been coated with anti seize compound to keep the chassis corrosion free

Brand new bolts have been used, to fix the subrame to the chassis.

New bolts and freshhly painted roll bars

While keeping the original manifold it will be mated to a 200cell tubular cat, i took the opertunity to paint it and the heatsheilds with VHT manifold paint. I have yet to see a top heatsheild that is not cracked so this got welded up too.

gearbox mouts fitted alond with it heatsheild and all new bolts.

The pro alloy cold air intake shroud fitted to the intercooler, it fits really well as the car came with the larger cooler already.

lotuslee
Reactions:

I manufactured new rear brake pipes made, flared and with new contectors. Pre bent to original shape.
Elahrairah
Reactions:

Great progress Lee

All looking great so far.

What tool did you use to cut the holes for the cold air intake slots?