Lee's Exige

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
thommo
Reactions:

Lucky chap.I’ve been confined to barracks with Exige.
Fonzey
Reactions:

Bit early for SORN lad! Haven't you heard I ordered an unseasonably warm October :mrgreen:
lotuslee wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:58 pm plan is to share the progess on here, not as good as Fonzy's thread but you will get the idea.
No pressure then! Updates will be good, always appreciate the opportunity to steal ideas off of other people...
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:44 am Bit early for SORN lad! Haven't you heard I ordered an unseasonably warm October :mrgreen:
lotuslee wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:58 pm plan is to share the progess on here, not as good as Fonzy's thread but you will get the idea.
No pressure then! Updates will be good, always appreciate the opportunity to steal ideas off of other people...
Lee had to to talked out of taking it to bits 2 months ago Kyle :lol:
jameswoodings1983
Reactions:

Lovely👌👌
lotuslee
Reactions:

Well after a final drive this morning for a hour and the weather turning, the time has come to start the strip down.
When i start a build first thing i do is fully detail the paintwork and wax so i know when i start putting the bodywork back on its perfect.

I even gave the wheels a full decontamination and wax too so they can be wrappped up until spring.

Lankan
Reactions:

Looks lovely :thumbup:

Are you going to do a complete strip and rebuild, or just the suspension and underside?
2010 Exige S RGB #138
lotuslee
Reactions:

Lankan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:07 pm Looks lovely :thumbup:

Are you going to do a complete strip and rebuild, or just the suspension and underside?
Its getting the full works over the winter
lotuslee
Reactions:

A good early start in the garage this morning, first job was to get the arch liners out, then onto the clam. As it had previously been off before for it was pretty straight forward.
As the pictures show its pretty grubby, usual lotus suspension corrosion and rust bolts but nothing that cant be sorted.

This little part fixes the side repeater and are bonded to the panel simply dust.
Fonzey
Reactions:

Excellent, always satisfying to fix all the grubby bits under the car.

Is that the AC condenser bracket that's rotted off into dust inside the crash structure?!
lotuslee
Reactions:

The front clam, side panels and lights have all been stored on a shelf i knocked together, this should keep everything safe.
As i got on so well with the front clam removal i decided to get on with stripping the interior out in readiness for the rear clam coming off.