Lee's Exige

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Lankan
Reactions:

Seems like deja vu, after having seen photographs of #138 like that for the past 5 months.

Is this the first time such a refresh has been attempted?

Look forward to seeing it all finished. :thumbup:
Last edited by Lankan on Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Exige S RGB #138
lotuslee
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:04 pm Excellent, always satisfying to fix all the grubby bits under the car.

Is that the AC condenser bracket that's rotted off into dust inside the crash structure?!
The condenser is dust and fallen apart and the brackets dont look to hot either. The plan is to do everything at the rear first before i start the front so further investigation will have to wait.
lotuslee
Reactions:

Lankan wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:09 pm Seems like deja vu, after having seen photographs of #138 like that for the past 5 months.

Ño i have done quite a few before both for myself and for customers, and usally do a rebuild over winter but this winter its my cars turn to get done.
Lankan
Reactions:

lotuslee wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:13 pm
Lankan wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:09 pm Seems like deja vu, after having seen photographs of #138 like that for the past 5 months.

Ño i have done quite a few before both for myself and for customers, and usally do a rebuild over winter but this winter its my cars turn to get done.
Indeed, I should have been clear in that I was referring to your own car - I guessed that you might have done many before this one.
2010 Exige S RGB #138
thommo
Reactions:

Great work, Lee. Keep us posted👍
lotuslee
Reactions:

Well this evenings entertainment was the removal of the fuel filler surround, unfortunately 4 of the allen head screw did not want to move. No choice but to remove the heads. I have done this before loads of times but this time a friend got me a HiNox stainless drill bit which was like a hot knife in butter.
I carefully covered the area around the filler with tape and cloths and set too and once the clam is off i can get the filler neck off and remains out.

Fonzey
Reactions:

Always a nice start to the project when the drill has to come out :mrgreen:

Is the surround/ring stuck on with anything other than the bolts? I had my bolts out a while ago but the ring stayed in place, had no reason to remove it so didn't try particularly hard - but does it just need a bit of brute force to pop off?
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

@LotusLee if you find a cheap source of those bolts can you let me know. They were something daft like £10+vat last time I looked.
Fonzey
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:27 am @LotusLee if you find a cheap source of those bolts can you let me know. They were something daft like £10+vat last time I looked.
I just checked my eBay order history - I picked some up for pennies ages ago, but the listing is no longer active.

You can however search around for MX x YYYmm countersunk hex flat head bolts. I wanna say they were something like M5x20mm but take one out and measure it rather than taking my word for it...
andyzim
Reactions:

Is that part no.18 on this diagram?

Screw, M5 x 15, skt, cap hd., filler neck to clamshel

https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TB ... =dash&SC=0