2004 Exige S2...

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
The Hornet
Reactions:

So I have been on here a long time (was originally Speedluvver - changed to The hornet as that what one of my kids calls the Exige) - As part of the 'its a bit quiet' thread - I have decided to write a retrospective diary of the car to date... it may take a few days or so to do the whole story, so bear with me...

Car was bought from B&C in Summer 2005 at 18 months old with 6k miles - it was Scott Walkers first s2 from Lotus.. so it really was one of the first S2's off the line... My daughter is now almost 21.. so its a while ago !!

Last edited by The Hornet on Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

A fellow cable throttle s2 owner. Fantastic! Will really look forward to this thread :)
Fonzey
Reactions:

Excellent, looking forward to this.
The Hornet wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:14 am
. My daughter is now almost 21.. so its a while ago !!
This is also bloody terrifying. How old have our cars got! :lol:
The Hornet
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:21 am
Excellent, looking forward to this.
The Hornet wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:14 am
. My daughter is now almost 21.. so its a while ago !!
This is also bloody terrifying. How old have our cars got! :lol:
I know !! interesting that even after 15 years, my car still gets a similar reaction from the public it did back then...
The Hornet
Reactions:

So, yes.. as Andy pointed out - my car has a manual throttle. It was a touring spec car, but it did have twin oil coolers and a pipercross viper air filter which made it sound fab on second cam (but did fur up the throttle body a little as I was later to discover). One very early mod I did have done was to adjust the pedal box to make it easier to heel and toe (which they did anyway on the launch of the S a couple of years later... So I did a few track days with the car pretty much unmodified probably for the first 5 years or so

All this time, I watched Lotus launch the 240r, and then the S in varying guises
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Sorry for interrupting!
The Hornet wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:53 am
. It was a touring spec car, but it did have twin oil coolers and .

Same as mine! Interesting ...
The Hornet wrote:

One very early mod I did have done was to adjust the pedal box to make it easier to heel and toe (which they did anyway on the launch of the S a couple of years later...
Can you tell how? I would like to do this as well. I find it hard to roll my foot enough when on track to do H&T. On the road its pretty easy ..
The Hornet
Reactions:

andybond wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:55 am
Sorry for interrupting!
The Hornet wrote:
. It was a touring spec car, but it did have twin oil coolers and .

Same as mine! Interesting ...
The Hornet wrote:

One very early mod I did have done was to adjust the pedal box to make it easier to heel and toe (which they did anyway on the launch of the S a couple of years later...
Can you tell how? I would like to do this as well. I find it hard to roll my foot enough when on track to do H&T. On the road its pretty easy ..
Feel free to interrupt !! no probs at all.... the pedal mod was done by B&C - I think it was well documented at the time.. It lowered the brake pedal - worth checking with the previous owner if it was already done or not....
The Hornet
Reactions:

After this my stage 1 Lotus exhaust was just too quiet and in 2009 I spoke to Jim at 2bular (who was always responsive to me) and he designed a bespoke exhaust for me that looked like the Lotus Stage 2 but didn't drone as much.. the picture you can see what I was trying to achieve with the tips pointing downwards..

The Hornet
Reactions:

Not too long after this, I started to get frustrated on track days when I would catch an Exige S under braking and through bends, only for them to pull away down the straight having that extra 30hp or so... so I started to hatch a plan based on stuff I had heard about a supercharger upgrade called 'Katana'
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Oh! Oh! This sounds familiar ...