2004 Exige S2...

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
thommo
Reactions:

Enjoying the pics and updates
The Hornet
Reactions:

One recent update I forgot to post about was my steering wheel - the original was getting a bit tired (although its ok) - but I was offered the below, so I jumped at the chance as it was a good price and virtually brand new...

andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

The dash looks fantastic. The wheel looks good as well :)
The Hornet
Reactions:

Cheers Andy.. you can have other Lotus dashes as well, plus the Race screen that’s similar to the 311 one.. thats why I like it.. so for MOT you have the original white dash, then abroad I use one that is km/h (For which I use one like the 2009/10 black dash)
It’s not as flash as the AIM, but many more options and configuration options..
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

The Hornet wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:41 pm Cheers Andy.. you can have other Lotus dashes as well, plus the Race screen that’s similar to the 311 one.. thats why I like it.. so for MOT you have the original white dash, then abroad I use one that is km/h (For which I use one like the 2009/10 black dash)
Assume it’s the GARW variant? Are all you input sensors fed from the aftermarket ECU?
The Hornet
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:17 pm
The Hornet wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:41 pm Cheers Andy.. you can have other Lotus dashes as well, plus the Race screen that’s similar to the 311 one.. thats why I like it.. so for MOT you have the original white dash, then abroad I use one that is km/h (For which I use one like the 2009/10 black dash)
Assume it’s the GARW variant? Are all you input sensors fed from the aftermarket ECU?
Yes it’s garw.. I still have the T4.. but with a new map... but as long as after market ecu sends canbus as the lotus one does, then should work no issue... guess your Oem dash works fine with your aftermarket ecu ?
Fonzey
Reactions:

I do like the concept of the GARW and I've read the (hundreds) of forum posts about it, and the rollercoaster of its development but it still appeals to me a bit more than the AIM does. Price is only half of that reason, the other half being the fact that it is a 'made in a shed' solution which comes with its benefits and drawbacks of course but also means that you can become a part of that development journey if you so chose.

I've still not bought one mind, but I would still consider one even considering the AIM is unquestionably a more polished offering.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Ditto what Fonzey said.

Yes , can use support from my ECU
The Hornet
Reactions:

Agree Fonzey... I am actually helping him with the fuel levels at the moment.. it seems the early Toyota cars especially have a terrible sensor (or at least I do) and the fuel level moves around a lot without heavy damping (which the oem must have). We are trying a time based reading to see if that helps...
seriouslylotus
Reactions:

The Hornet wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:10 am Agree Fonzey... I am actually helping him with the fuel levels at the moment.. it seems the early Toyota cars especially have a terrible sensor (or at least I do) and the fuel level moves around a lot without heavy damping (which the oem must have). We are trying a time based reading to see if that helps...
Just use the correct can channel. Job done