S2 NA + Mods

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
matt447
Reactions:

If my current fans fit onto the new radiator with the mounting kit I have, then I’ll keep them, otherwise just get some fans from the non-AC model :) Thanks!
matt447
Reactions:

Just ordered the Pro Alloy top-mount fan setup from [mention]seriouslylotus[/mention] - my fans are slightly too small diameter to mount onto the radiator without lots of messing. Hopefully get that soon and will post pics! :)
jonnyfox
Reactions:

I weighed both S1 & S2. 15kg and 10kg. Do not remove the S2 AC Matt, you can salvage it and it will be worthwhile. Don't worry about air in the system either, it's really not a big deal. I think it's blown way out of proportion in all honesty. Oh and on the S2 I just think fans on top looks really cool.
R300
matt447
Reactions:

Thanks mate :) I'm keeping the hard line in the sill so that it can be refitted more easily one day, but right now I'd just prefer to be without it for the sake of simplicity. I didn't have AC in my old 111R and rarely used it in my first Exige (2005) so it won't be a biggie to be without it...
matt447
Reactions:

....and I've just ordered harness bar and Schroth harness from [mention]seriouslylotus[/mention] too! This lockdown had better end soon or I'll be penniless, lol!

Modding is a disease, right?
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

matt447 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:55 am ....and I've just ordered harness bar and Schroth harness from @seriouslylotus too! This lockdown had better end soon or I'll be penniless, lol!

Modding is a disease, right?
Modding is a good thing. It means you cannot get into drugs as you have no spare cash.
matt447
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:00 am Modding is a good thing. It means you cannot get into drugs as you have no spare cash.
I think we need an Exiges.com Helpline for when I need to resist the urge to modify something - but I suspect we'd talk each other into doing even more stuff instead! :lol:
matt447
Reactions:

Went to Cadwell Park the other day for my first trackday since modifying the engine from stock - good heavens, that certainly feels quick in comparison! I don't know how much of it was down to power increase, or how much was down to weight loss, but it felt great! (for a NA, obvs.) ;) It was thoroughly tipping it down, so I didn't dare try too hard, but I feel really happy with the performance now, just need to start working on my driving skills instead...

...until I talk myself into a close ratio gearbox...

Here's a couple of piccies:

winthattt
Reactions:

Cadwell in the wet, scared just thinking about it, all those trees!
johnfishcurtis
Reactions:

Agreed, did it once and scared the [email protected] out of me, well done keeping it on the black stuff.