S2 NA + Mods

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Fonzey
Reactions:

Very nice, it's ace when you're in that groove though and you just keep lapping round. I think one of my longer sessions was in France, did just over half an hour and it was only running out of fuel that caused me to come in :lol:

Car sounds like it's going well though, I'm similarly impressed with the water temp of mine on track - I've never seen it in the 90's and I was expecting higher after adding a chargecooler to hog some airflow at the front.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I assume both of you fine chaps are running the pro alloy triple pass rad? I see 95 ish deg C after a longer stint. .
matt447
Reactions:

I'd upload a video from the day, but it seems that I got the exposure settings very badly wrong and you can see the inside of my car really well, but the outside world is completely white, lol! ;)

Although, clearly you can get a nice shot of my AiM dashboard, which is very lovely, but not really the focus that the video was meant to have ;)

Hopefully I've now slid the slider the other direction and we'll be good for next time ;)
Fonzey
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:05 am I assume both of you fine chaps are running the pro alloy triple pass rad? I see 95 ish deg C after a longer stint. .
Mine's just the standard pro-alloy twin pass as far as I know... there's nothing to say they didn't put the wrong one in the box :lol:

My Elise (NA) ran a bit warmer, but that had the factory air/water oil exchanger in it rather than the air coolers at the front and that still ran pretty cool - would say low 90's at the end of a stint.
Fonzey
Reactions:

matt447 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 am I'd upload a video from the day, but it seems that I got the exposure settings very badly wrong
GoPro Spot meter is a godsend for this!
matt447
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:05 am I assume both of you fine chaps are running the pro alloy triple pass rad? I see 95 ish deg C after a longer stint. .
I've got the "Pro Alloy Full Aluminium Race Radiator" from Elise-Shop, I believe it's 45mm thick, but only single pass? Might be wrong, can't remember properly... It definitely does the job though! :thumbup:
matt447
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:09 am
matt447 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 am I'd upload a video from the day, but it seems that I got the exposure settings very badly wrong
I've got a GoPro Hero 8 Black - and clearly have no clue what the heck to do with it, lol... :roll:
matt447
Reactions:

matt447 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:12 am
Fonzey wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:09 am
I've got a GoPro Hero 8 Black - and clearly have no clue what the heck to do with it, lol... :roll:
Found out where the heck the spot meter option was hiding! That'll sort it - hurrah! 8-)
Fonzey
Reactions:

Yeah it's like exposure settings for idiots, perfect for me :mrgreen:
matt447
Reactions:

I think I must have a serious mental health issue that forces me to constantly modify my car, whilst trying to bankrupt myself... My car's running great right now, so I've obviously just ordered some FiveO Motorsport 450cc injectors. Of course I have, why not... :crazy: When they arrive I'll take another quick visit to RRR to get them to set everything up for me and then, no doubt, I'll find myself glued to the door of track-group who are just next door :/

Somebody. Help me! :lolno: