S2 NA + Mods

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Fonzey
Reactions:

andybond wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:36 am
I have the video somewhere.
Must have it. I think not having a gopro running was one of the bigger regrets of the E92 owner - second only to not having track insurance :o
The Hornet
Reactions:

Re the Nitrons - I have the Hoffmans ones.. and have them set at 8 out from hard front, and 6 out from hard rear - this is 2 more than originally as Randy had said as the dampers get older they need a click or 2 added to retain the same level.

I have raced at Cadwell in my teens (in a Talbot sunbeam) that was scary and fun at the same time... it really is a fab circuit. Talking of feeling unwell.. Angelsey actually had that effect on both me and a mate of mine..
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

The Hornet wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:43 am
Re the Nitrons - I have the Hoffmans ones.. and have them set at 8 out from hard front, and 6 out from hard rear - this is 2 more than originally as Randy had said as the dampers get older they need a click or 2 added to retain the same level.

I have raced at Cadwell in my teens (in a Talbot sunbeam) that was scary and fun at the same time... it really is a fab circuit. Talking of feeling unwell.. Angelsey actually had that effect on both me and a mate of mine..
I had mine rebuilt in October last year , so maybe 100mi ago. I might adjust them a little then. Thanks for the pointer @The Hornet
matt447
Reactions:

Well, its been a couple of weeks since I originally posted this, so here's my list of things I've bought since then (waiting to be fitted!)

- Carbon door cards (bought from Will!)
- Pagid RS14 pads
- New rear diffuser (standard, but spangly rather than dull and tired!)
- Pro Alloy 45mm radiator
- Silicone radiator hoses
- Stainless tow post
- Driving lights (mine are pretty tired and rotten) and new covers
- Quick release under tray bolts

Plus, my 2bular H2 thru-diffuser silencer should actually arrive tomorrow - finally!

I'll give you an update when they're all fitted!
jonnyfox
Reactions:

Great thread. Great car. I remember those days well.

https://vimeo.com/27021163

In coming scope creep :lol:

800kg, 9k. Stage 3. 240 bhp. Kaaz still and a DDPR throttle body.

https://vimeo.com/92382084

Good fun until, the day :cry:
R300
matt447
Reactions:

@jonnyfox - this kind of is all your fault you know, I have to confess to reading your threads and being more than a little 'inspired' by you! I only went with Stage 2 as I hoped it may be a little more reliable if I didn't rag it so much to extract the high rpm power?... who knows, lol!
evo_ufo
Reactions:

jonnyfox wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Thought the car looked so good like that. :thumbup:

Was it sprayed, or wrapped?
matt447
Reactions:

Incidentally, I never caught what happened on the day’ ? :/
jonnyfox
Reactions:

Sprayed Will but the orange was vinyl.

Dropped a valve Matt. I should really of had the engine checked during the winter after it was road worthy. I didn't, I'm an idiot.

It was passengering in Will's car that sent me on my way, stage 2 cams are perfect! As it stands fitting a Kaaz box would be the icing on the cake. You're car really is a beauty, I'm very jealous mate, enjoy. I'll keep following :thumbup:
R300
matt447
Reactions:

jonnyfox wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:49 pm
Sprayed Will but the orange was vinyl.

Dropped a valve Matt. I should really of had the engine checked during the winter after it was road worthy. I didn't, I'm an idiot.

It was passengering in Will's car that sent me on my way, stage 2 cams are perfect! As it stands fitting a Kaaz box would be the icing on the cake. You're car really is a beauty, I'm very jealous mate, enjoy. I'll keep following :thumbup:
Thanks mate - means a lot from you! :)