S2 NA + Mods

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Fonzey
Reactions:

I think it's about 10kg all including the sill pipes.
matt447
Reactions:

Hmmm...... interesting.... very interesting.....
matt447
Reactions:

I suppose the biggest issue right now is getting the refrigerant removed so I can take it all out :( Don’t really want to go out unless necessary!
Fonzey
Reactions:

I had a mobile guy come to me to do it. It worked out quite a fruitful relationship from both sides, as he was a "Lotus Guy" he showed enthusiasm and ended up making me some replacement pipes for the hard lines that were damaged, and I got to get it all sorted without getting the car towed anywhere!
matt447
Reactions:

Carbon fibre seats or remove aircon.... Probably both, lol
Fonzey
Reactions:

matt447 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:56 am
Seat* - passengers weigh lots
matt447
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:59 am
matt447 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:56 am
Seat* - passengers weigh lots
How very true! But... I really want it to look right when I’m using the car as a daily - I know, I know... :/

I went out to remove the trinary switch to get the part number off it... as I took it off, I noticed there was no hiss, so I stuck a small screwdriver in to press the schrader valve and - nothing! Where the heck had my refrigerant gone!?! So I took the radiator out and found there’s nothing left of the condenser so.... goodbye aircon later tonight! Wonder if I can cancel my order for a trinary valve now?! :)

Need to order a new belt too - which is a shame as I’ve only just fitted this one, lol!
Fonzey
Reactions:

Brave decision, but probably the right one! Condenser will be £250 or so and chances are you'll need to replace at least one of the hard lines as they tend to weld themselves on. To replace for me was best part of £500 inc regassing.
matt447
Reactions:

Any idea what to do when putting the new radiator in? Do I need to modify some bits or buy more things? Without the condenser attached, it’s obviously a different height to mount in there and the fans are currently attached to the condenser frame... anyone done this that can advise? :)
evo_ufo
Reactions:

Didn't need anything else to mount the rad itself. Your question on fans is valid. I went with a new set of top mount fans so didn't have that issue.
Jury out on whether bottom or top mounted fans are best.