Nightfall Blue S2

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
andyzim
Reactions:

I'll get some side by side photos tomorrow but I think the EP bar sits further forward from the mounting points at each end.

First modification complete now

I'll get a better photo next time it's outside. It's the wheel I had on my S1 Elise - 300mm with a EP 50mm spacer adapter. The horn push is from Elise-shop. I actually quite like the standard exige wheel too so this isn't defintely staying but I do find it helps with my sweaty hands :D
Lankan
Reactions:

Lovely colour - looks the business when exposed to sunlight. :thumbup:

Did you purchase this from Jon Seal?
2010 Exige S RGB #138
andyzim
Reactions:

Lankan wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:12 pm

Yes, every time I spoke to him he gave me an update on the work being done to yours!
Lankan
Reactions:

andyzim wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:47 pm
Lankan wrote:

Yes, every time I spoke to him he gave me an update on the work being done to yours!
Ah, yes, as I understand it Jon is rather passionate about the mini-resto project as I am.

The reason for my post was because, as a first time Lotus owner, I hadn't realised what a super lovely colour Nightfall Blue actually is, so wanted to know that that was the same colour as the car advertised on Jon's site.

Great buy. :thumbup:
2010 Exige S RGB #138
andyzim
Reactions:

Lankan wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 pm
andyzim wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:47 pm
Lankan wrote:

Ah, yes, as I understand it Jon is rather passionate about the mini-resto project as I am.

The reason for my post was because, as a first time Lotus owner, I hadn't realised what a super lovely colour Nightfall Blue actually is, so wanted to know that that was the same colour as the car advertised on Jon's site.

Great buy. :thumbup:
I was really unsure on the colour, I wasn't able to see the car before purchase and there are very few photos online of nightfall blue S2 exige that I could find. It's such a fantastic colour in the sun, photos don't do it justice.
andyzim
Reactions:

I have managed to get the new harness bar fitted. I still had to cut more from the rear plastic trim to clear the bar. I was then able to squeeze the speakers in but I will not be able to refit the speaker grills unless I chop them up, so they can stay off for now.

It took bloody ages to get this in and it's only two bolts.

To compare the OEM bar with the EliseParts one:

You can see how they are quite different shapes at the ends, the EP one gives much more clearance as the bar comes through the plastic trim and into the cabin of the car.
johnfishcurtis
Reactions:

I fitted a harness bar recently (posted details here with a full interior retrimming)........ viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21124

The speaker grills will go back on, just a bit of a squeeze.
matt447
Reactions:

johnfishcurtis wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:50 pm
I fitted a harness bar recently (posted details here with a full interior retrimming)........ viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21124

I ditched the speakers when I did my harness bar - too much weight, lol ;)
andyzim
Reactions:

johnfishcurtis wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:50 pm

I went back outside and was MUCH more persuasive for a full 25 minutes. There is no way they are going back on. The bar is already pushed pretty much right up against the plastic ring of the speaker mount so you just can't get the grill over the top too. Believe me, I tried :D
The Hornet
Reactions:

my speaker grills won't stay on anyway !!!