Happy Birthday S1 Exige

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
robbo
Reactions:

Thank you :thumbup: Feel quite chuffed everyone thinks its great.

I also think the New Ali / Black combination looks great, so great in fact when I first saw one in Nick Whales showroom when I had only had my Elise a week, I wanted the Exige there and then..... As it turned out when I was able to afford one 3 years later and ended up buying the exact same car I fell in love with in the showroom 3 years previous but from a different dealer! I think it was meant to be :D

Yes couldn't agree more re the shocks and mine too has only 23k miles, as Deggles mentioned, I bet a new set of bushes, balljoints and the like will make the world of difference.
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

We need a few more pictures now ;-)
robbo
Reactions:

Here's a couple more :thumbup:

In my request to restore it to original I must add that the Chrome Indicator stalks have now been replaced by nice plastic originals :lol:

andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I have an s2 and I think its a fantastic looking car but the s1 is just better aesthetically to me. It just looks so right from every angle.
Fonzey
Reactions:

That is lovely. I think the S1 is ageing really well, particularly the interior - that raw motorsports look has come full circle, where Lotus have tried modernising later on in the S2/S3 lines with bits of leather and nicely trimmed bits - the minimal look with alcantara and aluminium is just spot on.
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

andybond wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:50 pm I have an s2 and I think its a fantastic looking car but the s1 is just better aesthetically to me. It just looks so right from every angle.
Not to poach someone else’s thread but I couldn’t agree more. Clearly more performant and useable cars available but S1 really got the looks bit nailed. .

robbo
Reactions:

Don't worry your not, It's great to see another Exige in the same thread :thumbup: I will never tire of seeing them,

And totally agree, I had a S2 Elise for a month once as a courtesy car from the factory (long story) and it was great! Quiet, a nicer drive and an all round better car.... BUT then I saw my Exige being delivered back on the trailer and instantly fell in love again.... Soppy Git :lol: :lol: :lol:

In my mind nothing will ever beat it for that racing car feel in a road car :clap:
FlyingDutchman
Reactions:

Hi, long time ago I posted here. Site looks the bling now.

Indeed a special year. 12yr of ownership, not so original anymore. But still the bling. Love putting miles on her and will hopefully head down to Stelvio in September. :thumbup: