Exiges Summer Meet at Caffeine and Machine

Planning a get-together, or want to tell us about a track day ?
High_octane

Fair enough. We don't do cars and coffee in Hampshire, for many years we had a Pistonheads.com based 'pub club' in West meon, with a pint and a bbq. I'm on the cusp of resurrecting it, and have also very recently started a New Forest based lotus group with 27 members so far.

I appreciate the ticketing to restrict numbers to be a considerate neighbour, but charging people to park in a pub car park is taking the piss considerably. But I guess that's capitalism for you.

Good luck to them.
Fonzey

They're having to do similar round here at a couple of venues too, it just gets silly with the wannabe youtubers all lining up at the entrance/exit trying to capture the next Mustang ploughing into a crowd of kids.

If a £10'er at the door keeps some of that away, I'm all for it!
PaulT

Fonzey wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:30 am They're having to do similar round here at a couple of venues too, it just gets silly with the wannabe youtubers all lining up at the entrance/exit trying to capture the next Mustang ploughing into a crowd of kids.

If a £10'er at the door keeps some of that away, I'm all for it!
As a Yorkshireman, parting with £10 for car parking should be against my religion. But in this case, I have to agree.

I've only been once to C&M but would certainly make the trip back down. They have policed it from the start, local council were getting a bit worried but the chap who owns it was explaining they took the numbers of nobbers gunning it out of the car park and banned them - over 100 he said. I'm up for supporting a good venue, it's a shame there isn't something similar a bit further north. Food isn't cheap either but at least it's good.