Squeeks n Rattles driving me CRAZY !

<Archived> Even supercars have their flaws..
Brendan
Reactions:

Regarding the door pin issue, my understand is that early S2s and VX220s were fitted with a door striker pin that was too thin to do the job. I believe Lotus have rectified this, and that was probably before the Exige S2 was launched. AFAIK this shouldn't be a problem on any Exige.

My S2 Exige has a couple of annoying noises. There a loud, plasticy sounding squeak that I've only heard a couple of times so far. I have no idea where it's coming from, and it only seems to do it while braking on a very bumpy road.

Theres a rattle/knocking sound from the rear on driver's side which is quite noticable when going very slowly which I always notice when going down my drive. It wouldn't have bothered me in my S1, but the S2 is so refined otherwise that it really stands out.
stevegreen
Reactions:

One thing I forgot to mention is a general spanner check every so often. I have lost count of the number of undertray bolts, clam fasteners, etc thast I have either lost or found loose.
Mr Pesky
Reactions:

PPS If there is ever an Exige track day at Anglesey can somebody please let me know....
A few of of us are there with http://www.tracksport.co.uk
on 5th November (camping there on the night before for bbq & fireworks - why not join us?)
Dom
Reactions:

Theres a rattle/knocking sound from the rear on driver's side which is quite noticable when going very slowly which I always notice when going down my drive. It wouldn't have bothered me in my S1, but the S2 is so refined otherwise that it really stands out.
Yep I've got that exact same one. The one at the front is the insanity causing one. I can live with the others. Definitely going to take her apart a bit. Could easily be a 10 pence piece, a washer etc ... sure does vibrate BIG TIME when it gets going ...
Dom
Reactions:

One thing I forgot to mention is a general spanner check every so often. I have lost count of the number of undertray bolts, clam fasteners, etc thast I have either lost or found loose.
Well she's more than just a car to plant in the driveway so I'll learn how she works and ... take her to bits ... I'm nearly 40 so have to be careful not to have a bag of bits left over when I put her back together ... my poor memory you see :0)))
Brendan
Reactions:

Please let us know what you find.
Dom
Reactions:

[A few of of us are there with http://www.tracksport.co.uk
on 5th November (camping there on the night before for bbq & fireworks - why not join us?)
]
Wow that is mega. Do you have your own forum where you discuss get togethers ? Is it a regular meet up ?
Hmm ... back down to earth for a moment ... I think I'd write her off on a track ... inexperienced but fearless ... not a great combination :0)
Going to read up at that link now.
Big thanks Mr Pesky !
PS Got a quad track at my place on the hill opposite so maybe we could have some quadding and gentlemen's teas on the lawn sometime too (after Exiging) ;0)) Be great to pick the brains of other Exige owners.
One last question ... can I turn up and just watch to begin with ?
Mr Pesky
Reactions:

Dom

No probs to turn up & watch, You can also get passenger rides, but you'll have to cough up �20 for the day to do that.
Dom
Reactions:

Dom

No probs to turn up & watch, You can also get passenger rides, but you'll have to cough up �20 for the day to do that.
Think it's all on Mr Pesky ! Either taking my missus or a friend. If I take my missus then I'll most likely end up being a passenger (in someone else's motor ;0)
I'll be in a black (squeeky) Exige S2 if that narrows it down so be sure to say hello in case I get nerves about being a newbie ;0)
Dom
Reactions:

Dom

All booked Mr Pesky. See you there. Can't wait.
PS I reserve the right to be 'a big girl' and go at a snail's pace ....
PPS Great to talk with so many friendly people - and all Exigers. Makes the car choice I made 2 weeks ago seem even more perfect. Okay I'll stop gushing now ... just excited ...