Pistonheads warning about Lotus ongoing viability

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
jonnyfox

Re: Pistonheads warning about Lotus ongoing viability

Post by jonnyfox » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Just my opinion...

I'd never buy a Caterham, but I'll certainly be buying another Lotus at some point.

Do I want the 5 year plan to work, yes I do!

Nuff Said.

tim_marra

Post by tim_marra » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Amen to that brother Jonny.

Boothy

Post by Boothy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Just been reading all of this online, I think this new lotus has finally lost it. Seems I am not on my own...

http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is- ... ver-2012-4

I really hope they come to their senses and dump the idiots in charge and try to get back to somewhere near the company we all knew.

Podger

Post by Podger » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:17 pm

[quote=Boothy]Just been reading all of this online, I think this new lotus has finally lost it. Seems I am not on my own...

http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is- ... ver-2012-4

I really hope they come to their senses and dump the idiots in charge and try to get back to somewhere near the company we all knew. [/quote]

Totally agree !!! :grin:

tim_marra

Post by tim_marra » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Funny that too many people are quick to pick up on all the forum and blogger BS and start to believe it and panic, then as soon as Lotus do something tongue in cheek they're accused of losing it. FFS :mad:

I hope DB continues to rejuvinate the brand including the new Exiges and the others.

Keep the faith people :)

stevegreen

Post by stevegreen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:00 pm

6 new cars in 5 years - and they can't even get the V6 Exige to market as planned...the most important thing for investors is to tell them what you are going to do, do it and then tell them you have done it.

The current management do not appear to be setting realistic targets and so who would invest into this?

Podger

Post by Podger » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:03 pm

[quote=stevegreen]6 new cars in 5 years - and they can't even get the V6 Exige to market as planned...the most important thing for investors is to tell them what you are going to do, do it and then tell them you have done it.

The current management do not appear to be setting realistic targets and so who would invest into this? [/quote]

No one , unless the investor needs ' tax credits' ;)

Boothy

Post by Boothy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:11 pm

[quote=tim_marra]Funny that too many people are quick to pick up on all the forum and blogger BS and start to believe it and panic, then as soon as Lotus do something tongue in cheek they're accused of losing it. FFS :mad:

I hope DB continues to rejuvinate the brand including the new Exiges and the others.

Keep the faith people :) [/quote]

I am not picking up on the blogging Tim, I have just read that press release and made my own mind up.
It reads like a five year old wrote it after throwing their toys out of the pram (thats saying something coming from me).

Boothy

p.s DB is a weapons grade A hole

tim_marra

Post by tim_marra » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:32 pm

If the backers put faith and 'ownership' in lotus the products will emerge.

Keep the faith brothers.

stevegreen

Post by stevegreen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Tim- faith in what?

Current plan seems wildly over optimistic abnd not something a car manufacturer many times larger than Lotus would do.

I read that Lotus has not made a profit since 1996 so clearly something has to change but finding someone to invest may be an issue with the current plan which is already well behind schedule and models like the Europa and Evora have not fired the imagination of the world public enough to put their hands in their pockets and actually buy them.