My Lotus Cars turnaround plan ( Fee Free!!!)

Keep in touch with fellow enthusiasts.
stevegreen

Re: My Group Lotus turnaround plan ( Fee Free!!!)

Post by stevegreen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:24 pm

[quote=Podger]The management must think 'small' till the business is consolidated on a sound financial footing . [/quote]

Interesting to read on Pistonheads about Lambo under Audi and how they see the way to guaranteeing a future as going in the opposite direction:

"While Lamborghini has done better under Audi than any previous owner there was clear pressure to expand the product line-up to three models, the current two-car range apparently not enough to guarantee medium or long-term stability.

"We looked at a smaller Gallardo, a 2+2, a sedan and an SUV," says Winkelmann. "To support a third model the segment has to be big enough, has to be worldwide, has to support a high-end price and it has to fit with the brand."

Podger

Post by Podger » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Audi builds the Lamborghini now. They purchased it from almost it going out of business, for a very small amount around 5-10 years ago. Something in the range of less than 50 million, which is cheap.

They than redesigned the whole vehicle line-up. Out with the Countach and Diablo, and in with the Murcielago and Gallardo. They use a the same drivetrain as the Audi R8.

Ever since Audi took over, the quality and build really made Lamborghini a "drivers" car. Comfort et al

The engine used in the Galllardo is a similar engine block to the Audi S8. I believe with the displacement on the Lambo actually being a bit smaller.

So it's all about rationilastion , from acorns.......

Lotus is NOT in the same league as Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini , different customer base , different financial footing, and importantly the aforementioned all make PROFIT , and still make cars , not just produce hot air.Like.....

Mr Pesky

Post by Mr Pesky » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:05 pm

[quote=stevegreen]

"We looked at a smaller Gallardo, a 2+2, a sedan and an SUV," says Winkelmann. [/quote]

When did she move on from "Strictly Come Dancing"?

Mr Pesky

Post by Mr Pesky » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:07 pm

[quote=Podger]

Lotus is NOT in the same league as Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini , different customer base
[/quote]

They're aiming to be though, particularly in the Far East, where today's/future real money is (sadly!).

stevegreen

Post by stevegreen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:09 pm

[quote=Podger]So it's all about rationilastion[/quote]

Ignoring the typo :whistle:

[quote=Podger], from acorns....... [/quote]

You must have spent too much time in your Morgan...

[quote=Podger]quality and build really made Lamborghini a "drivers" car. Comfort et al[/quote]

Couldn't disagree more - nice to have some of them but not really the 1st criteria i would put on a list of what makes a driver's car.

Let's give the guy who has the job a bit of time and support to see what he can make of it instead of the lazy option of wielding an axe and just cutting everything.

Podger

Post by Podger » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:18 pm

[quote=Mr Pesky][quote=Podger]

Lotus is NOT in the same league as Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini , different customer base
[/quote]

They're aiming to be though, particularly in the Far East, where today's/future real money is (sadly!). [/quote]

This is is probably true, & I do know that a lot of S1 Elise' are being shipped to Japan, :( but it's cyclical 2 years ago it was Europe ;) I don't think 'new' Lotus has the same quodos. :grin: in the Far East.....one day maybe!

Karkusha

Re: My turnaround plan fot Lotus

Post by Karkusha » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:10 am

[quote=tim_marra]Are you that spotty little Russian oik that killed TVR

:crazy:
[/quote]

Yup, that's a sad story about big toys for a small but rich boy.
http://translate.google.ru/translate?hl ... _19989.htm

stevegreen

Re: My turnaround plan fot Lotus

Post by stevegreen » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:07 am

Intersting translation - but got the gist of it!

Podger

Post by Podger » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:53 pm

[quote=Podger],instead of the lazy option of wielding an axe and just cutting everything.

Having had considerable experience in successfull turnarounds , wielding an axe is NEVER easy , & is NEVER EVER a lazy option, but then I have had some experience........

[/quote]

Podger

Post by Podger » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

As a direct comparison from where the figures need to be , in a viable company

Lotus figures are on the right below ( red indicating loss!!!!)

Return on Capital of 22%. [color:#FF0000] -[/color]28%

Stock turnover ratio Circa 22%. 24%

Return on Net Assets 25%. [color:#FF0000] -[/color]11%

Return on Total Assets 10%. -[color:#CC0000]85.2%[/color]

Debt ratio of 1.2 %. 6.8%

PRE TAX MARGIN ���6% +. [color:#FF0000] -17[/color].4%

Pretty poor investment , unless it's purchased as a basket case with no debts , in addition there has been an increase in Salaries & Wages of �1.3 m ( Directors emoluments are hidden!!)

or...... Buy it For a �1.00 ;)