2004 Exige S2...

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
The Hornet
Reactions:

seriouslylotus wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:55 am
The Hornet wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:10 am
Agree Fonzey... I am actually helping him with the fuel levels at the moment.. it seems the early Toyota cars especially have a terrible sensor (or at least I do) and the fuel level moves around a lot without heavy damping (which the oem must have). We are trying a time based reading to see if that helps...
Just use the correct can channel. Job done
Is there more than 1 channel for fuel ? I think the later cars are fine with the fuel, it seems early Toyotas are an issue ?
evo_ufo
Reactions:

I thought the issue with smoothing the fuel level would be in the ECU and the dash would just be displaying what its told?
The Hornet
Reactions:

So would I but it seems not... my oem fuel gauge was a little erratic when fuel was low, but on garw it’s quite erratic. Dave intimates that there is more than 1 channel, not sure why there would be 2.. but I would like to understand as that may help to resolve a few of us with the dash where fuel readings are erratic as the tank empties..
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

The Hornet wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:46 pm
So would I but it seems not... my oem fuel gauge was a little erratic when fuel was low, but on garw it’s quite erratic. Dave intimates that there is more than 1 channel, not sure why there would be 2.. but I would like to understand as that may help to resolve a few of us with the dash where fuel readings are erratic as the tank empties..
Mine will go up 1/2 a notch from parking it on a slight gradient. I put it down to one of those things. Be nice for a fix mind!

2004 car , like yours ..
The Hornet
Reactions:

So it seems the earlier cars only had one fuel channel - hence the jumping around reading with out loads of damping.. later cars had an average and instantaneous.. Wonder if the EMU black allows an average reading to be sent to the dash...
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

The Hornet wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:52 pm
So it seems the earlier cars only had one fuel channel - hence the jumping around reading with out loads of damping.. later cars had an average and instantaneous.. Wonder if the EMU black allows an average reading to be sent to the dash...
Well thats a juicy bit of info.
seriouslylotus
Reactions:

The Hornet wrote:
Pretty sure my white dash car had two channels.
I have also just checked the CAN protocol on the AIM software and the also list both instantaneous and average fuel level channels for the 2004-2007 cars
johnfishcurtis
Reactions:

andybond wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:41 pm
New tow hook fitted. I never liked the OEM one..

ImageImageImage
Well done. Lets hope its never needed..
The Hornet
Reactions:

seriouslylotus wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:38 pm
The Hornet wrote:
Pretty sure my white dash car had two channels.
I have also just checked the CAN protocol on the AIM software and the also list both instantaneous and average fuel level channels for the 2004-2007 cars
Interesting Dave - Alec at Garw is convinced the earlier cars only have 1 channel... at least the T4 ECU (Manual throttle)
The Hornet
Reactions:

Car booked in for late July to have EMU Black fitted and tuned.. will of course let you know results after that is done..